• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** World XI v Asia XI

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mister Wright said:
Why? It is a combination of some of the best ever ODI players of this generation.
Well, if SRT carries out his pre-game threat then it is already touching on the bizarre.

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
Well, if SRT carries out his pre-game threat then it is already touching on the bizarre.
I was thinking just that. Wouldn't that mean 12 players for Asia take part in the game as Asia would require 11 batsmen?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Craig said:
Hey it is a charity match, nothing more.

By that logic should of the ROW v Asia matches played back in 2000 been official ODI matches as they consisted of that very reason you listed?
Matches? Was there more than one? I only remember the one Bevan scored 170 or 180+ in, and Asia won by one run.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think it is good that official status has been given to these two matches. It will be good to see players play the game seriously, thus giving the spectators their charity's worth. I don't think it is that bad to try out that 12 players in a match thing in this match. I heard the ICC were contemplating this for a while, why not try it out in this match and see how it goes?

And I guess some guys in these boards think that Gilchrist brings to cricket what I like to call the "Schumi Syndrome"? But I have to respectfully disagree with that PoV.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Richard said:
There is no competetive element to these matches - the players are not taking it seriously.
ODIs are matches that should be taken with the utmost severity at all times.
The players are taking it seriously; they've said as much. They are there to put on a show to raise money. An entertaining, competitive game of cricket is exactly what we're going to see.

Craig

World Traveller
Jono said:
Matches? Was there more than one? I only remember the one Bevan scored 170 or 180+ in, and Asia won by one run.
The other one was between Asia and ROW at The Oval (in August IIRC) which ROW won.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
I was thinking just that. Wouldn't that mean 12 players for Asia take part in the game as Asia would require 11 batsmen?
In which case it cannot be even a List 'A' game.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
The only reason SRT has been wanting to play the game has been as it a charity match. Despite his injury, he does not want to mis an ooccasion such as this for the Tsunami victim.

arjwiz

School Boy/Girl Captain
What channel is going to telecast the match in India? Because I haven't seen any advertisements on any of the channels, nor read anything about it in the papers. ********.com and tensports.com have nothing scheduled!?