• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Are the English a bit jeleaous

sreekumar

Cricket Spectator
Recently i happened to hear Atherton say that Gangully was left of the hook not because ICC is independent but that India is so powerfull at the ICC...........sour grapes i guess

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Don't know much about Athers, then.
While he may not be entirely on the mark, he is not someone who will say such out of jealousy.

Langeveldt

Soutie
It seems to be sour grapes in your camp whenever someone gets a slap on the wrist from the match referee.. Are you guys above all that then? Remember Sehwag in South Africa? Absolute Disgrace..

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I think there's more than a little ill-feeling towards the ICC in English cricket at the moment. Doesn't take a genius to work out why...

Langeveldt

Soutie
BoyBrumby said:
I think there's more than a little ill-feeling towards the ICC in English cricket at the moment. Doesn't take a genius to work out why...
Im sure they would rather their prissy little off spinner gets protected with umpteen rule changes than worry about the guys getting electrocuted for comments they make while watching a one day game..

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Langeveldt said:
Im sure they would rather their prissy little off spinner gets protected with umpteen rule changes than worry about the guys getting electrocuted for comments they make while watching a one day game..
Sad, but unfortunately true, or so it would seem. There has to be something seriously wrong with a country where a cricket reporter from such a revolutionary phamplet as The Daily Telegraph is refused accreditation!!! :@

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
BoyBrumby said:
People who know about the stuff have realised there has been Anglophobia present in ICC for a little while now.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
sreekumar said:
Recently i happened to hear Atherton say that Gangully was left of the hook not because ICC is independent but that India is so powerfull at the ICC...........sour grapes i guess
of course it's sour grapes when it happens that way, but if it was an Aussie or English player etc then all the accusations of leniency would probably be flying the other way.

Why would England be jealous anyway?

masterblaster

International Captain
I've had enough of these bulls*it topics, I'm yearning, absolutely craving for the good old days of CricketWeb back in 2002 and to an extent 2003.

But no, its more and more garbage being posted on these forums now.

Langeveldt

Soutie
masterblaster said:
I've had enough of these bulls*it topics, I'm yearning, absolutely craving for the good old days of CricketWeb back in 2002 and to an extent 2003.

Exactly, it was class then.... Im pretty annoyed that I'm bothered to respond to the trash thats posted these days, with often even more trash...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
masterblaster said:

This is just making me reminiscent of England v India 2002...