• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Okay here it is.

1. He played 132 Tests and yet never ever scored a fifty (his highest is 30 not out). That is by far the most Tests by any player with this distinction. Willis comes 42 Tests behind at second place.

2. He also has just 29 Test catches which is the lowest for any player who has played 100 Tests or more.​

By the way, he also held the record for the lowest aggregate runs scored in Tests for players with more than 100 Tests but McGrath beat that one. :)

Your turn.

Precambrian

Banned
Am not much of a trivia - maker. As i don't have the resources. i love to find answers to them. So anyone, preferably yourself can take it up, while lemme just search..

stumpski

International Captain
Hope no-one minds if I slip in another then.

Apart from being wicket-keepers, what did Les Ames, George Duckworth and Ridley Jacobs have in common?

Precambrian

Banned
They were to witness from the non-striker's end the World record for the highest score in an inning's being broken at the other end?

A Sandham - 325 - Ames
W Hammond - 336* - Duckworth
B Lara - 400* - Jacobs

If that's the criteria, add A Gilchrist also, M Hayden 380

Last edited:

Precambrian

Banned
Curiously if you leave out Duckworth, we have a trio of wicketkeepers who not only witnessed the world record being broken, but also scored 100s in those innings!

stumpski

International Captain
They were to witness from the non-striker's break the World record for the highest score in aninning's being broken at the other end?

A Sandham - 325 - Ames
W Hammond - 336* - Duckworth
B Lara - 400* - Jacobs

If that's the criteria, add A Gilchrist also, M Hayden 380
Yes very good - didn't expect anyone to get it that quickly!

Now it really is your turn. :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Mr X recalls how one wag in the crowd called out, "Dont take him off Mr X, I want to go home and get my old woman. She hasn't had a good laugh for months."

Who is Mr X (obviously the skipper of a fielding side in a match), who is the bowler that the wag wants continued and why, and, if possible though not necessary, which is the match where this happened ?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Q4. Is Mr X a Yorkshireman? ..... NO

Q5. Was this a Roses fixture? ...... NO

Q6. Was this a gentlemen vs players fixture? ......NO