• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Q9. is that to do with someone fielding at long stop, a postition that no longer exists? .....NO

I am afraid you may be going off because of the concentration on the 'uniqueness' or 'non-repeatability' of the achievement.

Q10. Are the two players (ie the subject, and the person-who-is-no-more) of the same nationality? ...... NO (I dont think so although I am not 100% sure because I am not certain about the nationality of the person I named)

Q11. Is the other person involved related to an England Captain? ........ NO

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Bringing back on track hint : Lt. Lionel Maury Ross Deas did something which had never EVER happened as far as the other player was concerned and never did happen again til the end of his (the second player's) playing days.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
This one is painfully slow and a bit 'too much' , I think so I am going to provide the answer and pose a more 'regular' question.

Ranji was only once out for a pair in a cricket match of any sorts in his entire life. Lt Deas was the bowler who got him in both innings (for a total of under six balls if I remember right) when Ranji was visiting India in 1898.

Okay. Here is a new one.

What do Australia's Dennis Lillee, Monty Noble & Graham McKenzie, India's kapil Dev and England's SF Barnes have in common ?

archie mac

International Coach
This one is painfully slow and a bit 'too much' , I think so I am going to provide the answer and pose a more 'regular' question.

Ranji was only once out for a pair in a cricket match of any sorts in his entire life. Lt Deas was the bowler who got him in both innings (for a total of under six balls if I remember right) when Ranji was visiting India in 1898.

Okay. Here is a new one.

What do Australia's Dennis Lillee, Monty Noble & Graham McKenzie, India's kapil Dev and England's SF Barnes have in common ?
A debut thing?

stumpski

International Captain
Just remembered this in all the excitement ... I'm trying to think of why this can't happen again. or why nobody can do it again. Is it down to a change in the laws?