• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

20/20 cricket

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
Has this ever happened in club cricket around the world that other people know about? Because about ten days ago the Gold Coast Cricket Association played played a charity Twenty20 over match as a Tsunmani Relief fundraiser match.

There you go, it is entering grade cricket.
Even the North Otago sub-district had a competition last weekend - two games for each teams. All the players seemed to enjoy it, and would like to give it a go once a year or so.

One captain reckoned he was more tired after the two matches than he would be after one 50 over match, just because he had to be constantly thinking of what to do next.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
It's done a tremendous amount to get spectators in, and without spectators, the game would die...
So if Twenty20 hadn't pulled these spectators in?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Apparently the Twenty20 match between Otago and CD in Dunedin last night had about 5000 people at it.

Blaze

Banned
BlackCap_Fan said:
The Central Districs vs Canterbury had a fair attendance, didn't it?

They said it was below expectations. The crowds have been encouraging, nothing spectacular though. I guess that nothing much can be expected until the final.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Blaze said:
They said it was below expectations. The crowds have been encouraging, nothing spectacular though. I guess that nothing much can be expected until the final.
or maybe they just appreciate real cricket?

Googenheim

U19 12th Man
Well, a 20/20 WC wouldnt be a good idea for the ICC, considering that India pulling out would mean less moolah for the ICC. Atleast if they reschedule the current Champions Trophy, theres a chance of their golden egg laying goose going along with them.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Just returned from a Twenty20 comp for school. Had a great time...and enjoyed it thoroughly.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Voltman said:
Apparently the Twenty20 match between Otago and CD in Dunedin last night had about 5000 people at it.
And apparently the guy who said this to me was slightly exaggerating. 2500 is a closer figure, according to the Otago Daily Times.

shaka

International Regular
i mite go to the nz domestic 20/20 final between the arch rivals Canterbury and Auckland

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Voltman said:
And apparently the guy who said this to me was slightly exaggerating. 2500 is a closer figure, according to the Otago Daily Times.
The Auckland vs Wellington match had an attendance of around 2400 - 2500 IIRC.