• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Group A Discussion

Stapel

International Regular
If you ever watch Munro bat you will understand.

I have no idea how he's maintained that average by pulling/swiping every single ball. He literally only has 1 shot.
A bit of a mystery then!

Anyway, my point is not that Munro is better or worse than Franklin. Just that Franklin is, imho, not good enough as a batsman, and a risk as a bowler.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
A bit of a mystery then!

Anyway, my point is not that Munro is better or worse than Franklin. Just that Franklin is, imho, not good enough as a batsman, and a risk as a bowler.
Munro bats exactly how you'd expect an ex no11 with a decent eye to.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
A bit of a mystery then!

yeah it's not ideal, and Elliot is definitely a better batsman than both but is injured.

Franklin is very much in the team because he's not incompetent against spin.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I was going to ask if that was an Anglicised Kiwi accent or a Kiwicised English accent, but its clearly the latter.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Very useful wicket - Mitch quicker than batsmen think once again :happy:. Since we keep dropping Sangakkara maybe we can bowl out SL at the other end.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Herath really can actually bat. He's just chosen as he's got a bit older to employ the shot selection of an absolute clown for some reason. I believe he's batted seven a few times in domestic cricket, even. If he chooses to bat properly he could build a partnership here; no doubt he will swipe across the line and get bowled soon though.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Herath really can actually bat. He's just chosen as he's got a bit older to employ the shot selection of an absolute clown for some reason. I believe he's batted seven a few times in domestic cricket, even. If he chooses to bat properly he could build a partnership here; no doubt he will swipe across the line and get bowled soon though.
Sounds a bit like Jeets tbh