• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
65-1 off 14 overs, Looks like they've changed to default orders and Cudworth won't bowl again for 30 overs or so. With any luck I'll have already won by then - Wheat and Armstrong are a nightmare to get out and score fast against any bowling.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Nnanden said:
We won!!!!!!! I can`t believe it. Not only won, but thrashed it completely. Absolutely stoked. Having a beer.
Nice one :). First match winners a bit rare these days, I imagine...

My team is currently clobbering a team that switched to a new owner this week, and it looks like they haven't logged on at all yet. Not particularly exciting, but I guess it at least answers the nagging evil thought in my mind that I might be better off getting demoted and beating up on a Div VI for a season to make money. Not if it's this dull, no.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Wow! McGregor's getting bored - 11 off the last over, including a six followed by a single to keep strike!

112/7...just five runs required.

McGregor's hit 76 from 75. Almost Sangakkara-ish.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Looking at the teams in V.10 where I'll end up after my playoff, I should finish around 2nd or 3rd, though I'll need some batsmen to stay competitive long-term. Will stay in this division for a few seasons I'd say.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Dead Badger said:
Nice one :). First match winners a bit rare these days, I imagine...

My team is currently clobbering a team that switched to a new owner this week, and it looks like they haven't logged on at all yet. Not particularly exciting, but I guess it at least answers the nagging evil thought in my mind that I might be better off getting demoted and beating up on a Div VI for a season to make money. Not if it's this dull, no.
Cheers, a lot of people on BT were surprised that I won my first game also. I was one of them. :D

Wouldn`t get yourself demoted IMO. Would be a bore.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
And McGregor brings it home in style, with a HUGE pull for six!

He finishes on 83 off 80, out of a total of 120/7. Amazing stuff from a past master - rolling back the years to a time, before the rise of Reed and then Sandwith, when McGregor and his mighty bat would flay the opposition on a regular basis. That's his 35th career half-century, and his 6th of the season.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Mahindinho said:
And McGregor brings it home in style, with a HUGE pull for six!

He finishes on 83 off 80, out of a total of 120/7. Amazing stuff from a past master - rolling back the years to a time, before the rise of Reed and then Sandwith, when McGregor and his mighty bat would flay the opposition on a regular basis. That's his 35th career half-century, and his 6th of the season.
Well coached. :)

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Scorecard up now - my batsmen hit 5, 0, 83*, 0, 20, 0, 1, and 0*, with wickets falling at 5, 6, 7, 62, 62, 64 and 101 - that's 37 runs for the 7th wicket, of which Gibb hit just 1!

Given how my tail has been performing lately (match against Scaly aside), I'm going to stop whinging about batting collapses. Just make sure they've got some skill, set them to v.def, and watch them go. I do think too many batsmen get out early, but that applies to top order players as well as the rabbits.

Scaly piscine

Nnanden said:
Haha, how can you tell if you`re in the bottom tier?
Well you're already in the bottom tier, which is V. Battrick will probably create another tier for Australia at some point, but probably not yet.

Scaly piscine

Nnanden said:
Cheers. So the .395 and such are just different areas in the same tier?
Yea, they're merely different divisions but they're all at the same tier or level. Teams promoting out of a V.xxx division would go to a IV.xx division.

I'm currently 204-3 after 40.3 chasing 249 for victory, lost the last wicket to the second ball of the 'slog' overs... surprise surprise

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Nnanden said:
Cheers. So the .395 and such are just different areas in the same tier?
Yup - within each division are lots of individual leagues.

Level 1 - just 1 league, I.1
Level 2 - II.1 to II.4
Level 3 - III.1 to III.16
Level 4 - IV.1 to IV.64

I think.

I thought V only went to 256, but I must be mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.