• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Mister Wright said:
How crap are the Warriors?!

Chasing close to 300 we're 6-38

Gallen is our only good player he's 23*

We got all out 58.

It's safe to say, a match between Wrights Warriors and Tawonga Tigers would be tight :p

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Code:
18.6 	W	Hislop to Herd
		OUT! A huge mistimed pull shot, the ball balloons in the air and Rufus takes an easy catch straight down his throat.
20.1 	W	Hislop to De beer
		That was a textbook forward defensive shot by De beer in every way except that he missed the ball which cannoned onto his pad. Plumb.
20.3 	W	Hislop to Munroe
		OUT! Munroe goes back to an impeccable delivery that nips away sharply and takes his outside edge. Splendid bit of bowling.
Pretty god damn angry tbh. How can Munroe keep being so ****, especially against bowlers who are quite obviously worse than him. He's batted in every slot in the top 4 on nearly every end of the spectrum from very defensive to very attacking. Can't figure it out for the life of me.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
NZTailender said:
We got all out 58.

It's safe to say, a match between Wrights Warriors and Tawonga Tigers would be tight :p
We will have to arrange that once our respective teams have completed their various competitions.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Anyone know a place so i can figure out Stadium upgrades? the Battrick Australia link isnt working...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
35.4 1 Duck to Antonius
Solid stroke to mid on and good running between the wickets.
And that's a century for Antonius! Well played indeed Sir!

On debut. Insane.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Antonius is a living legend. 113* off 119 with four sixes on debut as an 18 year-old is awesome. Schooney was excellent with his early aggression before being tied down. And Jones was quiet and spectacular, rotating the strike really well.

All my bowlers performed out of their skins. My openers kept the runs down, as did Maguire. Holmes took a bit of stick, but getting Bittner and the captain in the same over really swung the game in our favour. I thought Hindle would get smacked, but he took the absolutely crucial wicket of Todd and bowled some tight overs at crucial moments.

Can`t believe it.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Nnanden said:
Antonius is a living legend. 113* off 119 with four sixes on debut as an 18 year-old is awesome. Schooney was excellent with his early aggression before being tied down. And Jones was quiet and spectacular, rotating the strike really well.

All my bowlers performed out of their skins. My openers kept the runs down, as did Maguire. Holmes took a bit of stick, but getting Bittner and the captain in the same over really swung the game in our favour. I thought Hindle would get smacked, but he took the absolutely crucial wicket of Todd and bowled some tight overs at crucial moments.

Can`t believe it.
haha congrats on your first win mate :) :cool:

Bocaj Lists Hammond

Steven Hammond (446865)
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A cautious player with abysmal leadership skills and competent experience.

Part of the New Zealand U19 squad
Plays For: Kiwi Blitz
Nationality: New Zealand
Battrick Rating: 51,037
Wages: £9,586 p/w

Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: wonderful Concentration: remarkable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: feeble
Fielding: competent

Deadline:
15/12/06 10:36

Asking Price: £4,000,000

Current Bid:
£4,875,984 by 3 Shredded Wheat

Bocaj Lists Hammond & Carlisle

Richard Carlisle (445447)
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A steady player with woeful leadership skills and woeful experience.

Plays For: Kiwi Blitz
Nationality: New Zealand
Battrick Rating: 34,796
Wages: £4,998 p/w

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: superb
Batting: superb Concentration: superb
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: feeble
Fielding: abysmal

Deadline:
15/12/06 10:31

Asking Price: £2,500,000

Current Bid:
£2,815,411 by Frenetic Sloggers CC

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
mikeW said:
yep, would be good if they brang on a new feature where you could choose who you wanted to bowl over by over. But i guess that'd be a bit hard to do.
And the problem then is it's still not reacting to what happens, merely set in advance.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Owned it in my last league game. Was on GFI, cause you know, why not?

BushRangers 192 (46.5)
Fernando 5/30 (8.5), Erasmus 1/28 (8), Canning 1/29 (10)

Magical Ponies 2/193 (41.5)
Griffin 101 (141), Tedstone 61 (101), Kilkenny 13* (5)

Magical Ponies BushRangers
Top Order: proficient proficient
Middle Order: mediocre feeble
Lower Order: abysmal abysmal
Seam Bowling: proficient respectable
Spin Bowling: respectable competent
Fielding: abysmal woeful

I stacked my top order for my last game, nice to know I can still get proficient with low fitness and morale. They had a nice collapse... one player scored 109, another 56, and the next highest score was 4. I don't know why, but Fernando seems to always engineer these collapses, (even though he only just popped to prof bowling) while they almost never happen to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.