• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Interesting tidbit from the Q&A session - there are plans to allow a sixth bowler in OD and FC matches next season. Suits my allrounder-heavy side. :)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Not sure, only went on near the end, so missed most of the important stuff. FC matches seem to be locked in for season 3 though. :D The full log should be up tomorrow.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Commentary up for my friendly - made a decent start, 63/0 after 10 (dusty pitch). Chances are he's been affected by the fitness bug, which should give us equal fitness and bring his ratings back to around my level I think. Cuss is dominating the scoring with 48* off 31.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
nibbs said:
hmmm, friendlies in NZ aren't suppose to start until tomorrow. this is werid, dam weird
Now it gives me the full scorecard of the match between Backyard sloggers and In it for the money (In it for the money by 84 runs, if you're interested) when I click on the match between Nibbs and I

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
There have been quite a few reports of that happening andy.

Cuss just brought up his ton off 78 balls, decent knock after failing on Friday. 170-1 after 28, headed towards something decent it would seem.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmm, I've got the full text of Q&A on hand...the key things to note:

1) FC games 'hopefully' introduced in season 3 (i.e. next)
2) The new individual player fitness levels will take the place of injuries (i.e. there will be no injuries introduced)
3) Some advanced orders to be introduced in OD games - 6th bowler option, and 'a few WK options' - no elaboration as to what the WK options will be
4) Player preferences (e.g. preferring fast or spin bowling etc.) already exist: "There is nothing implicitly stated in the players profile, but there is something behind the scenes that can and probably should be spotted"
5) Stamina training and effectiveness of psychologists are going to be changed (presumably going to become quicker)
6) No decision as yet on whether FC and OD leagues will be separated (I hope they will!)
7) There will be a tool to allow users to add their own lines of commentary (I assume all lines will have to be approved first...)
8) Able to change match orders inbetween (not during) days in FC matches
9) May be some changes to organisation of international matches
10) Various bugs to be fixed...
11) "The WC will be 2 groups of 4, playing each other twice, then straight to semi-finals then finals"
12) No plans for ninth nation
13) Fielding positions at the moment are randomly assigned - may be changed in near future
14) Captain's experience does not improve faster than other players'
15) FC and OD matches to keep separate stats
16) Fans won't turn up to the third day of a match if it's over in two days (go figure...8-))

That's the gist of it.

Oh, and 150 up for Cuss.

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmm, Cuss made more than your entire team Kwek. :p

Made 341-3, Cuss with 196* off 151. Didn't have strike on the last ball, so missed the chance for a double-ton. I'm convinced they've had their fitness reset to fair, as they had proficient seam ratings in their last friendly. Mine was reset to fair anyway, though that might just be the natural fall after a TIE. Oh well, suits me. :p

Scaly piscine

Adamc said:
Hmm, I've got the full text of Q&A on hand...the key things to note:

4) Player preferences (e.g. preferring fast or spin bowling etc.) already exist: "There is nothing implicitly stated in the players profile, but there is something behind the scenes that can and probably should be spotted"
Interesting, I'll have to investigate my own batsmen to see if there is anything obvious, it does beg the question what else is hidden behind the scenes. Maybe there's an attribute for running between the wickets, ratings go from superb, strong etc. down to abysmal, worthless, Inzamam-ul-Haq. I've had very few batsmen run out so far, tho it does seem run outs are more likely the better the bowling is.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
The only thing I've noticed is that one of my batsmen (Berry) seems to get stumped quite a lot. That might just be coincidence though.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Won pretty easily in the end, 212-run margin. Badley took 4-36, and it was pretty much plain sailing once Gillespie dismissed his gun batsman for 3. As expected his ratings dropped markedly which confirms the bug hit him too. The 'true' level of a side seems to be reflected in the reporter's summary when one of fitness or morale is at max, and the other is at default level. Today I had fitness at fair and morale at max, so:

Asterix XI
Top Order: strong
Middle Order: mediocre
Lower Order: abysmal
Seam Bowling: proficient
Spin Bowling: mediocre
Fielding: mediocre

Which is pretty accurate as my top order is quality/comp/strong, seamers are resp/prof/prof/strong and spinner is competent.

In another MotM stuff-up, Badley gets it over Cuss' 196*...

Scaly piscine

My ratings have dropped like a stone after all the resets, down to mediocre/feeble/abysmal batting, feeble seam bowling and feeble fielding. Now the team I'd have hammered easily in the league probably has a chance of beating me... grrrrrrr.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scaly piscine said:
Has anyone remotely decent manager on Battrick ever got a decent YP or is it only muppets that get them as I suspect?
Do you ever stop whinging about luck of the draw?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scaly piscine said:
My ratings have dropped like a stone after all the resets, down to mediocre/feeble/abysmal batting, feeble seam bowling and feeble fielding. Now the team I'd have hammered easily in the league probably has a chance of beating me... grrrrrrr.
And if his ratings have also gone down?

It's a game, and it's not out to get you.

Status
Not open for further replies.