• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Commentary Complaints Thread

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
Sl*ts is fast approaching unbearable to the ear territory. His pearls of dribble today:

-- Peanut M&Ms are addictive (with the added bonus of one being lodged in the back of his throat when he noted this)
-- Repeatedly shocked that Australia's tail has sucked in the last few years, while earlier acknowledging the batting line-up is prone to collapses and low scores.
-- The worst impersonation of Smith's batting style I've seen.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Sl*ts is fast approaching unbearable to the ear territory. His pearls of dribble today:

-- Peanut M&Ms are addictive (with the added bonus of one being lodged in the back of his throat when he noted this)
-- Repeatedly shocked that Australia's tail has sucked in the last few years, while earlier acknowledging the batting line-up is prone to collapses and low scores.
-- The worst impersonation of Smith's batting style I've seen.
He really is getting bad isn't he

I'd be tolerate it all a bit more if they could just give it a rest sometimes.

They all claim to have admired Richie Benaud so much but they sure don't try to copy him in the box

Spark

Global Moderator
Ok i know a lot has been said about him allready.........but **** sakes, im going to have to kill kp before this series is over. Weve had a lot of dire commentators on 9 over the years......but no one, not even Brayshaw has been this bad.

Total, deadset ****wit.
I suddenly understand perfectly why he didn't get along with the English dressing room. Holy **** is he annoying.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Vaughan had to correct himself when he said something like, ''Stoneman made a lot of runs at Durham where the wickets, although they have improved, are spicy''. Vaughan you see had earlier gotten into a bit of a tweety spat with Durham for criticising the Riverside's wickets (from Durham's perspective they rightly pointed out to the numerous awards they'd won for their grounds-keeping.)

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Don't listen to TMS that much so didn't have a massive opinion on him but really dislike Boycott. Not even disagreeing much with what he's saying but it's really irritating listening to him say it.
He's just so relentlessly negative. When he was commentating after lunch yesterday on Vince (who was on 50 by this point and playing very well) he kept droning on about how Vince mustn't play silly shots, mustn't lose concentration etc. Not once did he acknowledge how well Vince had played.

No ****ing wonder he got hunted at Yorkshire.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I suddenly understand perfectly why he didn't get along with the English dressing room. Holy **** is he annoying.
Yep. If the bloke is comfortable on National TV in front of millions of viewers ****canning the host city for this test...........it is really not hard to imagine he was every bit the ****head in the dressing room that we've been told he was.

I mean I'm no fan of the Gabba as an Aus test venue.....but FMD you just don't do that. It was rude and disrespectful and the way he was doing it was cringe.......even Slats was embarrassed ffs.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Heard Alison Mitchell yesterday on abc radio for a bit and Fmd she is a good commentator.

S.Kennedy

I like Boycott. He does the old granddad ''when I was in the war, things were better in my day'' act, and he is a miserable tyke. He isn't negative all the time; he was like the Cheshire cat over Smith's eight hour stodge - 'proper Boycott' innings that, worthy of the great man himself.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What did KP say about Brisbane? Any clips?
Been looking for it, they showed it once on Nine then never uploaded.

Needless to say, I should hope no one would want to glimpse it. It's pure slander and utterly misrepresents Brisbane for what we all know it to truly be.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Been looking for it, they showed it once on Nine then never uploaded.

Needless to say, I should hope no one would want to glimpse it. It's pure slander and utterly misrepresents Brisbane for what we all know it to truly be.
I think he must have had 2 goes at it then. Yesterday afternoon he was doing a stint with Slats.........said something about what a great place Brisbane is and how there is so much to do......like sit in your hotel room and watch telly. Then he mentioned planes flying over and how they were the lucky ones or some such ****.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If getting rid of Warne and KP isn't an option they should at least to their stints together so there's half the time where we have to listen to them.

S.Kennedy

Just to make me change my mind soon after I wrote the above Swann proceeded to do some weird 'comic' impression in the little commenting cabin they have, of the actor who plays Larwood in the Bodyline film!!