• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Commentary Complaints Thread

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Surprised to see I only made fifteen negative comments about commentators or things they said during the course of play today. Could have sworn it was more than that.

Kevin Pietersen takes the most annoying award again, shading Warne. Warne had a higher proportion of stupidity but Pietersen's sheer quantity won out. He could have used one-third of the words he actually did and not lost any meaning. Just let there be quiet for once in a while.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Surprised to see I only made fifteen negative comments about commentators or things they said during the course of play today. Could have sworn it was more than that.

Kevin Pietersen takes the most annoying award again, shading Warne. Warne had a higher proportion of stupidity but Pietersen's sheer quantity won out. He could have used one-third of the words he actually did and not lost any meaning. Just let there be quiet for once in a while.
Could they have beaten Swann's commentary on BT which contained, among other important (mid overs) agenda, discussions about moustaches?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The BT producers don't appear to tell the guys in the box they're going to an ad break, there were a few occasions where we came off an ad break to one of the commentators in mid-sentence.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Didn't even really think about it at the time but there really wasn't much technical analysis, the type you see with Sky's 3rd man. Bit disappointing.

S.Kennedy

Non-subscribers are being fobbed off with 8mins with some techno music played over the top, although I suppose there is highlights stuff on youtube.

I'm sure one hour highlights of one of the previous away Ashes, 2010-11 or 2013-14, was shown on Dave or some weird channel you wouldn't expect showing it?

Shady Slim

International Coach
i had a rant in the match thread about vaughan not realising this was here but given i'm here now screw michael clarke with a catfish i don't like him and i can't put my finger on why

KP on the other hand is glorious

Spark

Global Moderator
KP is once again one of the most irritating commentators I've ever heard. Never ever shuts up.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Warne insisting that Moeen Ali is a better allrounder than stokes despite the information he was citing suggesting otherwise was good.

KP is a real motor mouth though

S.Kennedy

I was reading in this morning's Cricket Paper that 9's team insisted that Root had chosen ''incorrectly'' in choosing to bat first and that England's batting was overtly defensive and ruining the test. Pietersen also said England would probably be 190/8 at one stage.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
BT comms seem decent tbf
Yeah they've been better as the Test has gone on. Easy to forget that it's their first collective foray into love broadcasting, and Sky's commentary is the gold standard so I'll be judging them harshly.