• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 1st Test at Brisbane

Furball

Evil Scotsman
If Cricket Australia aren't going to take this seriously then I'm not sure I fancy staying up half the night to watch this farce.

Redbacks

International Captain
Happy with our bowling attack. I guess they didn't think a spinner/all rounder would be much use at the Gabba so they dropped Maxwell

howardj

International Coach
I actually, for the first time ever, feel for Maxy. I think he brings more to the table than SMarsh, and has shown real signs of maturity in the longer form of late.

He also played in our most recent Test and as such was the incumbent, which seemingly means nothing any more.

cnerd123

likes this
George Bailey - 35, too old.
Ed Cowan - 35, too old.
Cameron White - 34, too old.
Shaun Marsh - 34, not too old

howardj

International Coach
Trevor Hohns 20 November 2016:

“We haven’t won very much. We have lost a lot of Test matches of late. So we considered it was time to start to revamp and look to the future,” he said

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah Marsh probably thinks he's done enough. Look at it from his POV - he's had a decent start to the season and his test career was halted by injury last time so it was fair enough he was selected.

ITBT Langer seems to have undue influence on selection at the moment. Certainly he's the most visible/vocal coach.

howardj

International Coach
The weather is set fair, gents

Thursday 23 November

Summary Min 17 Max 27

Possible shower.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 2 mm
Partly cloudy.

Friday 24 November

Summary Min 19 Max 28

Possible shower.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 1 mm