• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the SCG

Shri

Mr. Glass
Be nice if all test series were 5 matches.
No. Games involving top sides should maybe be 5 tests long. Who would like to play Zim, WI or Bangladesh in a 5 test series? Would be worse than what we have currently and would be too much.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Nah, Australia's attack is much better.

It's the South Africa vs England argument from 2011 all over again. Australia win now for the same reason England won in 2011. South Africa might have the best 2 bowlers in the world but Australia's entire attack (and I include Watson in this) is absolutely unrelenting in the pressure they exert on the opposition.

Michael Clarke (or whoever it is that's devising the fielding plans) also count as an invaluable part of the attack, his field placings both help buy wickets for the bowlers (see Johnson's 1st innings dismissal of Carberry) and help the unit slowly strangle the opposition batting lineup (see pretty much the entire English summer).

The presence of Lyon, Watson and Clarke the captain in Australia's attack, as well as Siddle being better than Morkel more than makes up for Steyn and Philander.
I would dispute that. Morkel at various times during the India SA series was the major threat. Would rate Steyn, Philander and Morkel just a wee bit over Johnson, Harris and Siddle. Lyon does tilt the balance a little but it will depend on the tracks they play on.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Morkel and Siddle's career's are eerily similar overall but for the last two years at least, it's definitely Siddle.

Jassy

Banned
A little late but yeaaaaaaaah! Best moment ever as a cricket fan for me, even better than WC 2007 and 2011, Ashes 06-07. I thought we'd beat the Poms in Aus but I never imagined it'd be in this manner. The margins don't even begin to give us the true nature and extent of our domination. A wonderful performance from a side that had lost 7 of its last 9 tests prior to the series. England have a lot of homework to do, a few careers are on the line I'd imagine.

On a different note, Cook's average against us has dropped appreciably. He's played 5 series against us, his averages are : 27.60, 24.66, 127.66, 27.70, 24.60. That's interesting. Cook's a magnificent player but I do think we bowled brainlessly in that one series against him, a mistake which our captain and management corrected this time around, thank goodness.

Jassy

Banned
As for SA vs Aus bowling attacks, their top two bowlers are better by quite a margin (although I do think Philander's average will be touching 25 by this time next year) but our back-up bowlers and spinner are definitely better. Philander's the tricky one for me. He's really awesome and all but I do think batsmen have let him bowl to them to a large extent. He seems to lose it when they use their feet and hit him off his line. Obviously you've got to be very good to do it, hope Warner comes off when he faces him.

Steyn+Philander>>>Johnson+Harris
Siddle, Watson, Lyon>>Peterson+Morkel

Make what of it you will.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty ****ty of the girl to come out with that story.

Yeah he sounds a bit sleazy, but from what I know about that app the whole point of it is a little anonymity? Dunno. Kinda yucky.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd suggest if you have a photo of yourself batting in full England kit, you're not trying to be too secretive? I'm not a fan of the sell the story to the red tops rubbish either but if Monty was going to for anonymity, I doubt he went about it the right way.

There's a few ex-players I know that would've loved Tinder in their playing days..but they had to go out and do it the noble, old fashioned way.

Top_Cat

haha, even then it surely wouldn't have been too tough.

Step 1: Be a famous professional sportsman
Step 2: Leave house
Step 3: Enter pub/bar/club

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
haha, even then it surely wouldn't have been too tough.

Step 1: Be a famous professional sportsman
Step 2: Leave house
Step 3: Enter pub/bar/club

Apparently he wasn't allowed to by the management.

Jesus, these guys have been away from home for months on end. This is not some covert operation. Go and meet some girls ffs before your balls shrink up and die.

Do they seriously expect that all these guys should look at on tour is Mitchell Johnson's moustache? wtf.

Burgey

Apparently he wasn't allowed to by the management.

Jesus, these guys have been away from home for months on end. This is not some covert operation. Go and meet some girls ffs before your balls shrink up and die.

Do they seriously expect that all these guys should look at on tour is Mitchell Johnson's moustache? wtf.
You reckon this is a long tour? Our last Ashes tour to England went through three Prime Ministers.

wiff

First Class Debutant
So the ashes has come down to blokes talking about their dicks. Why am I not surprised? Limp ending.

Carberry.jpg

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Godwin's Law strikes. Pretty poor form.
Not according to Godwin's Law itself it doesn't...although I am clearly saying that Cook and Flower are exactly like the Nazis, and am also poking fun at people in concentration camps.

Except that I am doing none of these things.