• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Well done Australia

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If I was you Jono i'd be more concerned about your shower being torn a new one in SA than the ashes series and how the fans have got on.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If I was you Jono i'd be more concerned about your shower being torn a new one in SA than the ashes series and how the fans have got on.
Haha what? I just acknowledged that you were right and I took your post too seriously and you write that?

Very odd behaviour. Like you're trying to pick a fight I have no interest in.

Captain_Cook

U19 12th Man
Well done you Aussies. Its been a dramatic and emphatic victory. While I'm still reeling from Cook's first golden duck I can't help but be impressed by the brand of cricket played by Australia (sometimes I wish England could play like that...).

I really hope that England can regain some composure now the pressure of winning the series is off and they can perform at their more successful grounds (relatively) in recent times. A 3-2 recovery would go a long way to recovering a slither of dignity.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha what? I just acknowledged that you were right and I took your post too seriously and you write that?

Very odd behaviour. Like you're trying to pick a fight I have no interest in.
Putting a gif up of a total **** means war. I hate Calamity James with a passion.:laugh:

I apologise for being a plank.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
All good, I credit your original post saying India will get torn a new one resulting in my boy Kohli tonning up ;)

burr

State Vice-Captain
For me, the Ashes is everything in international cricket. From my POV we could beat every other team home and away, but it wouldn't matter to me as much as winning the Ashes does. It's just about the oldest rivalry in sport, and from an Australian perspective to bore it up the oldest enemy is the thing which matters most. I don't even think an Australian team would consider themselves successful unless they hold the Ashes. It means that much. It isn't that winning them makes you a great or even a very good side, but I don't think you can be a very good or great side unless you have them.

It's very gracious of Corrin to open this thread because, although he's a ****, I know he pretty well feels the same way I do. Fair play to him, and in fact to most all of the England fans, who have been very decent for the most part through both series, aside from talk about stick shifts. There's been a bit of aggro (my OTT rant during the first test included), but it's nothing like what you get in the threads when the lesser nations are playing. For that we can all be grateful.
That’s interesting. For me the Ashes aren’t numero uno, probably because I grew up in an era that wasn’t so obsessed with Eng v Aus (which seemed to happen ‘05 onwards) and my favourite and most memorable series remain ‘95 West Indies, ‘01 India and ‘04 India.

I’m thrilled we won but assuming our fast bowlers can stay fit and the team can retain form the prospect of SA v Aus actually has me more excited.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Yeah but we never know whether Pakistan is really having a go or not. They seem to give up as soon as they're behind, whether for attitudinal reasons or because it's in their pecuniary interest to do so. And let's be honest, they never win anywhere meaningful away, even when they had a half way decent outfit.

I do like Misbah though.
You couldn't beat Pakistan in England when they were under Butt, despite him and others trying their best to lose. :laugh:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It's very gracious of Corrin to open this thread because, although he's a ****, I know he pretty well feels the same way I do. Fair play to him, and in fact to most all of the England fans, who have been very decent for the most part through both series, aside from talk about stick shifts. There's been a bit of aggro (my OTT rant during the first test included), but it's nothing like what you get in the threads when the lesser nations are playing. For that we can all be grateful.
Lol @ the Swann thread.

howardj

International Coach
It's certainly been a comprehensive win. Some observations on the team:

Lehman - has from all reports lightened the atmosphere, and brought commonsense back to the table.

Johnson - has bowled straight at the stumps or straight at the body. To me, it was always a Channel Nine myth that he bowled best when he swung the ball back into the right handers (he's only really done this with the white ball). Johnson's X Factor has always been his pace, and in this Series he made the most of this by bowling straight at the stumps or at the body.

Clarke - His batting in the first three Tests was great. I've always thought that his runs are the most valuable thing he can bring to this current team. That said, his captaincy was sound, not so much because of the funky fields, but him not letting things drift.

Warner - he has a genuinely good technique. Like Clarke, his batting in the first three games was outstanding. I think his game is more suited to the truer, faster Australian pitches.

Haddin - What a great series. He certainly proved me wrong. That partnership with Johnson in Brisbane turned the Series. Before that, at 6/103, it was "here we go (down the gurgler) again".

Last edited:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
For all that England's performance has been utterly abject, I think every England supporter would have to pay tribute to the outstanding quality of Australia's cricket in this series. Johnson, Haddin and Harris in particular have had the series of their lives. Brilliant stuff, and I would be pleased if England could bounce back from this half as strongly as Oz have from their previous run of poor results.