• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at the Adelaide Oval

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
How much of a concern is Anderson's output to England supporters? From what little I saw at the Gabba he bowled decently but not as pentratatively as he has been in the more recent past. He also wasn't great at the back end if the England series. Anyone know if he's carrying a niggle or heard whether he's a bit fatigued?

Cue match figures of 11-82 in Adelaide now I've raised this issue.
That would be handy. :laugh:

But to answer your question, yeah I've been worried for a while now. He didn't take loads against SA in 2012 either, so I wonder if passing 30 is beginning to reduce effectiveness from what it was in 2010 & 2011.

Spark

Global Moderator
He just seems to lost a bit of bite off the deck. Still a fine bowler with excellent control, but without that zip or swing (which he won't get) then he does lack consistently effective wicket-taking weapons beyond control. Which may be enough - we'll see.

91Jmay

International Coach
We have proven we can knock over Australia with out him so for this series its not a huge concern, but going forward against better batting line ups it is.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Stuart Broad in a sensational hat on morning news this morning. A rather large akubra.

Am fully expecting an England turnaround in Adelaide too. You'd think there'd be a fairly determined fight back after the 1st Test.

Last edited:

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
So a draw would have to be the heavy favorite if the test strip plays like the SS strips have with the drop in.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Stuart Broad in a sensational hat on morning news this morning. A rather large akubra.

Am fully expecting an England turnaround in Adelaide too. You'd think there'd be a fairly determined fight back after the 1st Test.
Oh my, you're not wrong.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Five gets you ten that if Broad continues to perform well then by the end of this series Australian crowds will love him.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Next time I go to the beach or shops before going to the Cricket, I'm purchasing a white shirt.

Undecided if I'll go the plain white or white with picture on the front.

91Jmay

International Coach
There is an odd look about that photo, like Monty and Matt Prior have adopted 4 kids after there civil partnership.

wiff

First Class Debutant
only if he keeps that hat on
Are you referring to the 70s classic?

"You Can Leave Your Hat On"

Baby, take off your coat...real slow
Baby, take off your shoes...here, I'll take your shoes
Baby, take off your dress
Yes, yes, yes
You can leave your hat on

Go on over there and turn on the light...no, all the lights
Now come back here and stand on this chair...that's right
Raise your arms up in to the air...shake 'em
You give me a reason to live

Suspicious minds are talking
Trying to tear us apart
They say that my love is wrong
They don't know what love is
I know what love is

Burgey

It's ****ing tops. Broad will be the most popular tourist in the squad by the time this tour is over.

Burgey

I'll tell you what's funny, in that excruciating "my balls are in a vice that's bring relentlessly tightened" kind of way.

All these experts and ex-players I hear on TV and radio who said how stupid the idea is of resting and rotating fast bowlers, are now analysing the scheduling and saying Harris should be rested for Adelaide so he's right for Perth, and oh boy, isn't it hard with back-to-back tests?

****s they are. Lehmann must be putting this idea out there, because they're all saying what a genius idea it is. They bend over for Lehmann like Joe Hockey for Barnaby Joyce when considering a Grain Corp sell off.

Last edited: