• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2nd ODI at Old Trafford

Howe_zat

Audio File
This is why having two frontline seamers is dire. There's no strike bowler to turn to in the middle without infringing on the death overs. There's no relief. You just have to carry on like everything's fine and hope.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tredwell is good when batsmen decide to let him dominate and they don't move their feet to him, but if the pitch isn't turning and you are proactive and strong against him he doens't have much in his armoury to come back with
Yeah, I agree with you here, but he isn't being shown up imo. Batsmen probably know this when they come out to bat against him,so many of his wickets are them getting caught playing aggressive shots, even his best figures were based on those sort of dismissals.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
This is why having two frontline seamers is dire. There's no strike bowler to turn to in the middle without infringing on the death overs. There's no relief. You just have to carry on like everything's fine and hope.
On the positive side of things it means you've got a strong middle to lower order. Bopara is going to end up being the 3rd bowler now really as Stokes wont bowl out.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
**** n00fers i love me some gorgeous george
Champion bloke in ODIs isn't he? Not sure if you read what I wrote before about how he gets out in Shield, I was just sayin' I rate George regardless.

Hooksey

Banned
Good 50 Clarke.

"Natty glasses on Joe Root" :laugh:

Not sure I could face him looking like that without bursting out laughing.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
Champion bloke in ODIs isn't he? Not sure if you read what I wrote before about how he gets out in Shield, I was just sayin' I rate George regardless.
nah i read it and agree with you i just love bails bailey

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I think Stokes here shows the difference between speed-gun velocity and actual, proper "pace".

He's consistently up over 85mph, but the batsmen look like they could play him with a toothpick.

Admittedly it's a slow pitch, but Ravi seriously looks to have more about him.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Stokes not actually any good shocker, still I'm sure Scaly will be on to tell us he's one of the best seamers in the country, thank god for Ravi:wub:

Howe_zat

Audio File
On the positive side of things it means you've got a strong middle to lower order. Bopara is going to end up being the 3rd bowler now really as Stokes wont bowl out.
Thing is, when it comes to the strength of the batting in one-dayers, the lower down the order they are, the less the extra batting counts. If Stokes comes in with a couple of overs to go, can he really do much more than a bowler having a swing? He isn't an international batsman (yet) either. Compared to the difference in bowling across a full 10-over spell, it's not much.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I think Stokes here shows the difference between speed-gun velocity and actual, proper "pace".

He's consistently up over 85mph, but the batsmen look like they could play him with a toothpick.

Admittedly it's a slow pitch, but Ravi seriously looks to have more about him.
It highlights the benifit of having genuine ODI experience, afaic. Bopara's just much more efficient, no more no less.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Our bowlers really aren't very bright are they? bowling short on this type of pitch. Can't see us getting within 50 of this.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bit harsh on stokes imo, he was going pretty well, even got Clarke to edge one and Bailey to play and miss a couple until Bailey decided it was time to release some pressure by smacking an overpitched one.