• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at The Gabba

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England need to put on another 500+ for the last two wickets to make par on this pitch.
Maybe they're just trying to prove a point. They aiming to allow Australia to set them a target of 500+ which they will chase down with 1 wicket in hand

Spikey

Wish I hadn't woken up tbh - still Siddle must be crap
Something for me and my comrades in the Steve Smith motorcycle gang to cling onto

Daniel Brettig ‏@danbrettig 4m
England lose 6 for 9 in that session. Read it and weep... #cricket

A regular Indian batting line-up V Michael Clarke, that lot

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not sure if someone else has mentioned it, but the interesting thing about this collapse is that it's against the old ball - this is an area where England significantly outperformed Australia both with the bat and the ball.

The question was never whether Harris et al will take new ball wickets - they always will, it's whether they had the ability to run through the middle order once the movement had dried up.

Anyway, very, very happy for Lyon.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
A lot of soft dismissals in both teams on a supposed road. Anyone with day 5 tickets must be pissed.

wiff

First Class Debutant
WTFJH?

Went to pick the kids up from school and England were 3-82. In 30 minutes I miss 5-12!!!!! Extra exclaimation marks needed!!!!!!!!!

Spikey

I love how you can see the dressing room in the background of some replays of wickets at the gabba

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The word 'road' is one of the most irritating to here on these forums. You would have to be someone with very limited Cricketing knowledge or a professional troll if you thought that this is a road. The pitch is fine, FFS.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm not sure if someone else has mentioned it, but the interesting thing about this collapse is that it's against the old ball - this is an area where England significantly outperformed Australia both with the bat and the ball.

The question was never whether Harris et al will take new ball wickets - they always will, it's whether they had the ability to run through the middle order once the movement had dried up.

Lyon is probably the most underrated cricketer in the world right now. I can't believe they were considering dropping him. Again.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
A lot of soft dismissals in both teams on a supposed road. Anyone with day 5 tickets must be pissed.
Never mind them, I'm ****ing pissed! I've lost ****ing sleep to watch this shower of ****. **** it. ****ing useless handrags, the lot of them

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
I love Boycs but he's talking like an ass about KP again...and as he finishes his point, my connection is cut cuz I'm from Murica.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Lyon is probably the most underrated cricketer in the world right now. I can't believe they were considering dropping him. Again.
nah mate why would you play Nathan Lyon when you can have Glenn Maxwell or Xavier Doherty or the second best 19yo spinner named Ashton in Australia?

Gazza is one of my favourite cricketers. Love him to bits.

Spark

Global Moderator

Pitch has too much bounce/pace in it for it to be completely dead against the old ball. And Johnson is definitely an old-ball bowler.