• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at Old Trafford

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
What was the reason for Lyon not being picked before now? Kinda got glossed over after Agar's innings.
He started out his career bowlng well, decent flight and spin/bounce. Then against SL and SA he started bowling Darts. Did the usual in India for most spinners and strugglied. So they looked for someone else to build on. Landed on the usual young spinner from Victoria - hey it's worked before! However current stocks have led back to Lyon. Which is fine, he's good when he's good imo

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I genuinely like Harris; it's such a shame to see him struggling. Watson could be set for a lot of overs here though.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Didn't Compton used to get criticised for failing to rotate the strike... Root's been absolutely terribola at it thus far in his opening career

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I actually think Siddle looks a little off colour. Like he's got a fever or been spewing up today.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Been in the pub watching and now at home watching. Is it just me or is Lyon bowling a shade too quickly?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I could watch Clarke scrambling to not catch the ball all day. Quite the sight.

Not that you can castigate him for it; looks funny in slomo that's all.