• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lord's

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah don't really rate Finn at all.

Bresnan is the one I would have.
Course you would!! He's not the same bowler you saw in Melbourne PieMan.....and his record at Lords is crap.

If we are dropping Finn then it should be Onions that comes in.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Reckon the selectors would be backing Finn to be more effective against the Aussies on the dry decks they're likely to see for the whole series than others. You'd think were there any movement around, this wouldn't even be a debate.

With the next Test at Lords, there's no way they're not picking Finn.

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
yeah but wasn't Anderson dropped when he was a liability? or was he given the same faith as Finn?

Anyway I think Anderson had showen far more potential than Finn has. There's a lot more to fast bowling than just being fast and tall.
Yeah but Anderson wasn't taking his wickets at under 30 when he was crap and dropped. Whatever anyones opinion on Finn his results for a young bloke learning his trade are still very good, I'm still torn on whether he should play at Lords or not but there is no doubt in my mind that he is still the future leader of our attack.

Burgey

Think the line up I'd like to see for Lord's is:

Nerd
Melanoma
Prince
People's Champ
Clarkeh
9mm
Rad
Redgum
Aorta
Rhino/ Alcatraz
Patto.

Though it wouldn't suprise me if they stuck with Fast Eddie for one more test.

Top_Cat

So bad.

Short turnaround with no matches in between is backing an unchanged XI, for mine. Thought Starc bowled well enough in patches to keep Harris and Bird out for now unless in the interests of rotation.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
@Burgey. Uzzie and Smith should probably swap in the batting order, but other than that I agree. Don't rate Uzzie much but Cowan has had a poor time in England so far. Australia really shot themselves in the foot by banning Warner from the warm ups. He definitely needs to play the 3rd test IMO.

Burgey

So bad.

Short turnaround with no matches in between is backing an unchanged XI, for mine. Thought Starc bowled well enough in patches to keep Harris and Bird out for now unless in the interests of rotation.
May well be right. If Cowan plays and grinds out a 50, makes it harder to effect changes for the third test.

With Watson's new epithet, I went with Melanoma but I'm wondering if Cervical or Testicular might be more appropriate.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
yeah but wasn't Anderson dropped when he was a liability? or was he given the same faith as Finn?

Anyway I think Anderson had showen far more potential than Finn has. There's a lot more to fast bowling than just being fast and tall.
Anderson was rarely a liability when he was actually given a run in the side. His terrible early record is largely a product of being called up cold into the middle of a series and having a terrible game. His heroics at Mumbai in 2006 are just about the only occasion where he played well having been tbrust into the side.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
yeah, it wasn't like Anderson was kept in the team for long periods of time when he was underperforming. It was only on that NZ tour when they dropped Hoggard et al that he became the incumbent.

Ruckus

International Captain
Would go

Hans Moleman
Tumor
Mike Tyson (or if not, Pacman)
The New Bradman
Pitbull
Beavis
Raddin
Dish
Hulk (or if not, Tendinitis)
Monster from 300
Larry

Spikey

watson
rogers
hughes
clarke
smith
haddin
agar
siddle
harris
pattinson
starc

obv

Spikey

lehmann is a shield coach and his natural desire to have the keeper at 6 will win out

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Yer, don't think the answer to Aussies weakness...their batting, is to go with 5 bowlers and 5 batsmen.

I assume we're not calling Agar a batsman just yet??