• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Trent Bridge

cnerd123

likes this
Lyon took a wicket with his first ball; Ashton gets hit for four.

Busy action, has height. Something very Vettori about him. Seems a good bowler, wonder if he can keep up consistently bowling in these good areas for the rest of the test. Also if he can get it to turn when the ball/pitch are older.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Came back ten minutes ago from class to see Siddle's first over. Not really bowling a decent length, is he?

Glorious cricket nerd day awaits. Gotta love test matches starting at 4 pm Indian time.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When blokes said Conpton was a slow scorer and got bogged down, was Root advocated as a replacement in part because it was thought he'd rotate the strike or score more quickly? Or was it more a question of comparative form between the two of them?

cnerd123

likes this
Good spot whoever felt Siddle would bowl well to Root. Probing outside off with a little bit of wobble at a decent pace, working up a nice rhythm now.

cnerd123

likes this
When blokes said Conpton was a slow scorer and got bogged down, was Root advocated as a replacement in part because it was thought he'd rotate the strike or score more quickly? Or was it more a question of comparative form between the two of them?
I thought it was cause Compton didn't do so well vs. NZ, and England wanted Bairstow in the middle order (for reasons I am not sure about). KP had to come in, one of the 3 of them had to go, and so Compton out, Root up to open, Bairstow stays where he was.

A few low scores from Bairstow might see Compton back opening and Root at 6 I guess.