• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Trent Bridge

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I hate all of you for getting to watch today, bloody amazing day.

And why do you older people work, it gets in the way of everything.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Watching highlights and had 'big heart' and 'runs in all day' about Siddle from Tom Moody within 5 seconds of each other. I hope it was self-parody but it really didn't seem like it.

Don't like the new highlights thing though. Only an hour of actual game, then a prolonged Verdict with silly amounts of pointless technology and inane chatter. Just show the cricket for 2 hours like you used to do.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Holding - 'Rodgers can count himself unlucky'.

No he ****ing can't. Seriously, do people forget leg stump exists when it comes to lbws? There's 3 stumps for a reason. If that had been Starc to Trott, we'd have been calling it plumb because it would've been hitting off stump.
Yeah agreed.

Reckon Hawkeye has changed a lot of opinions about what is and what isn't out LBW since its inception, but you still get the odd old-fashioned view such as Holding's.

Lost count of the amount of times I've been watching old highlights from the 70s or 80s on Sky or Youtube and commentators will explain that an LBW appeal was given not out because it was going down the leg side. In reality half of those LBW appeals were ****ing stone dead and would almost certainly be given these days.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Watching the highlights; Furball on the money about Warner's lip pubes. Reference to Root's beard IMO

mightymariner

U19 12th Man
That rev counter that Sky display after every ball from a spinner is really starting to get on my nerves. Hope we can keep today's momentum into tomorrow, though have a feeling the crowd won't be as up for it at the start of play.

EDIT: Oh, and Strauss is a terrible commentator. That is all.

Last edited:

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ian Ward trying to talk up Siddle's ball to Prior as a deliberate ploy. Siddle just telling him it was a pie and he got luck ahah. Fair play.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Bacon and egg. Salt and pepper. Jimmy and Trent Bridge. Meant to be, innit?

Seriously good bowling. Expect we'll be batting again by lunch tomorrow if he starts well.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
With the wicket being pretty dry, I suppose it all comes down to whether Australia gets a lead substantial enough for Redgum* to be a force in England's second dig.

*courtesy of twitter. He was only 19 on debut.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bacon and egg. Salt and pepper. Jimmy and Trent Bridge. Meant to be, innit?

Seriously good bowling. Expect we'll be batting again by lunch tomorrow if he starts well.
When are the soap dodgers going to learn that we are the only team above under 6s that reverses our batting order?

Seriously, if the sun comes out and Broad is still crocked, we could post a useful score and then hopefully Pattinson wont bowl as badly again

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
With the wicket being pretty dry, I suppose it all comes down to whether Australia gets a lead substantial enough for Redgum* to be a force in England's second dig.

*courtesy of twitter. He was only 19 on debut.
:laugh:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, Australia's tail is seriously strong. There's not a man there who can't bat.

This is not like NZ where once you get past Taylor you know everyone's just going to have a slog.

Haddin, Starc and co could still push the Aussies into a lead.