• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Warm up Matches Discussion

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
If nothing else, sounds like a pleasant innings to watch from Watson. Given that there's a little bit of swing around and Khawaja struggled a bit, about all you could ask for. Though it wouldn't be the first time he's looked a million bucks and not done all that much with it.

Ruckus

International Captain
Watson getting past 50 dilemma solved by doubling his SR. Same amount of time out there. Fully expect him to get out at around 100 now though, because it's the new 50.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Watson really is in a hiding to nothing whenever he scores below 100. I think he will cope criticism from a number of people no matter what score he gets, because basically under 25 he is ****, if its 26-49 he's played a couple of good shots but its not enough, 50-65 lost concentration after his 50 and 85-99 its a typical stuff up nearing his 100.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Watson really is in a hiding to nothing whenever he scores below 100. I think he will cope criticism from a number of people no matter what score he gets, because basically under 25 he is ****, if its 26-49 he's played a couple of good shots but its not enough, 50-65 lost concentration after his 50 and 85-99 its a typical stuff up nearing his 100.
Yeah, I mean it is eye-rollingly predictable but at the same time, if every time he batted in the Ashes he made either a nice looking 30-40 odd or a blazing 80-90 and then threw it away that would be more than acceptable. It's only when you throw in a bunch of sub-10 scores that it becomes a problem.

sphynx

U19 Debutant
Lol at these radio commentators.

"I think Clarke might scrape into the top 5 batsmen in the world, what do you think?"

"Yeah, probably makes it, his last 18 months has been good".

Lolz.

Spark

Global Moderator
Lol at these radio commentators.

"I think Clarke might scrape into the top 5 batsmen in the world, what do you think?"

"Yeah, probably makes it, his last 18 months has been good".

Lolz.
they've repeatedly said he's the best batsman in the world?