• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at the WACA

pup11

International Coach
Lol @ Junior's comment also shows why AB was such a great captain, but I don't think their attitude can work these days, with all the media scrutiny and everything....

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I just saw.

Beer?

After being surprised that a guy with a FC bowling average of 50 bowls like a guy with a FC average of 50, they're getting a guy who has played five FC matches and hasn't taken more than a three-for at his "home" ground.

Brilliant!

howardj

International Coach
Should be more of it.

Australian cricket - the home of complacency

I mean, people almost went into meltdown when Warnie had the audacity to criticise Punter's field placings on Twitter.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
I meant "disgraceful" in the sense of what the selectors have done to Hauritz for whatever reason, if that's not clear. Think Hauritz is doing the right thing by speaking up.

howardj

International Coach
I agree.

What struck me about that is that the selectors have not even communicated with him in terms of what they're looking for.

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
I don't know why but I am absolutely bricking it ahead of this Test. And as for what bowler I want to replace Broad; Harmison. :ph34r:

Rant0r

International 12th Man
Hand on heart, don't think Broad's that much better than Tremlett at all. He's just younger, more experienced and less likely to get injured. Assuming Tremlett doesn't break down (either physically or mentally) I actually think he'll offer slightly more with the ball than Broad.
I truly rate Tremlett, but as a few people have said, he lacks aggression, he had the Vaunted Indian batting looking for answers, but he bowls that length where he's likely to get more play and misses than edges. Lacks pace for a big gigantor too

Yeah, England are sure going to miss those two wickets Broad took in the first two tests. Will completely turn the series.

:dry:
Broad is like England's Johnson, not sure how he gets wickets but he does

Reckon Tim Tremlett might walk into the Aussie XI at the moment, if only he could master some slow left-arm.
:laugh:

Angry middle aged technophiles are one of the finer things in life. :laugh:
haha, pity Mark Waugh is a one eyed embarrassing ****

I meant "disgraceful" in the sense of what the selectors have done to Hauritz for whatever reason, if that's not clear. Think Hauritz is doing the right thing by speaking up.
He'll never play again, sadly, best spinner in the country, clearly

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Think Hauritz is doing the right thing by speaking up.
There's literally no downside for him to lob hand grenades at them. I mean there's likely no upside either, but it's not like he could have less of a chance to play for his country now.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't get why you'd put all that time and investment into Hauritz and finally have him bowling well and contributing, and just throw it all away for a bad tour of India. Spinners from all around the world would have lost their places because of a bad Indian tour.