• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at the Adelaide Oval

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
North's dismissal was such a gift... I'd say Watson's was a loose shot as well, but no real surprises that he got out after 50.

Jacknife

International Captain
Its not basing it on one test at Brisbane though. We saw it at Cardiff last year as well and we're seeing it a bit here as well. Swann has learned the art of taking wickets but I'm not sure if he's learned the art of letting the batsman getting themselves out.
For a first day flat deck, I don't think he could of done any more, he's varied his speed between 50 and 60 mph,changed his line ,gone over and around the wicket.

Spark

Global Moderator
North's dismissal was such a gift... I'd say Watson's was a loose shot as well, but no real surprises that he got out after 50.
I wouldn't necessarily call it "loose". He was well forward, into position, full-blooded shot - just outfoxed by the length (slightly shorter than optimum) and the movement.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Well, regardless what score we get, and it will probably be under 350, we are going to have bowl our collective asses off to avoid a serious thumping. I cant see our batting saving a test by batting 2 and a bit days like England did in Brisbane, because thats whats on the cards right now. England batting on day 2 and 3, Adelaide is a road then.

tooextracool

International Coach
For a first day flat deck, I don't think he could of done any more, he's varied his speed between 50 and 60 mph,changed his line ,gone over and around the wicket.
Well thats my point though. Its not necessary to change everything. He has varied his pace and flight and thats necessary as a world class spinner but I dont think he needs to change his line or go over and around etc. He needs to settle on a line and length and then bowl around there. Sending one ball down the leg side every other over while trying to hit the top of off is not really required.

Last edited:

Ruckus

International Captain
Well, regardless what score we get, and it will probably be under 350, we are going to have bowl our collective asses off to avoid a serious thumping. I cant see our batting saving a test by batting 2 and a bit days like England did in Brisbane, because thats whats on the cards right now. England batting on day 2 and 3, Adelaide is a road then.
I was really looking foward to seeing our new-and-improved bowling lineup go at it, however, that was when I was assuming we would actually put up a reasonable first innings score. Now it's likely even if we bowl really well it will just put the game back on even terms again. How I crave for a time when Australia can actually dominate a match against a top team once more...

Last edited:

Jacknife

International Captain
Well thats my point though. Its not necessary to change everything. He has varied his pace and flight and thats necessary as a world class spinner but I dont think he needs to change his line or go over and around etc. He needs to settle on a line and length and then bowl around there. Sending one ball down the leg side every other over is not really required.
Well Warne doesn't agree with you, before Swann came on to bowl, he was asked what should Swann do to unsettle the batsman and get the most from this pitch and Swann did basically exactly what he said.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why didn't Swann have a shy at the stumps there? Hussey looked miles out of his ground.

tooextracool

International Coach
Tbh, I'm surprised that North has had a career spanning almost 2 years. The guy has batted like a walking wicket every time I've seen him bat.

pskov

International 12th Man
Who was the last bat as poor as North to get an extended run in Australia's test team? Matty Elliot?