• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at the Adelaide Oval

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
christ 70% chance of precipitation on monday and tuesday. Would be absolutely gutted to be denied by the weather
We'll be fine,declare mid afternoon tomorrow with a 300 run lead and bowl them out before lunch on day 4 when the weather comes.

Simples.

Rant0r

International 12th Man
A little behind the 8 ball here I know coz I just turned it back on, but I see the tactic of getting Trott out at midwicket worked after all... Non believers :P

91Jmay

International Coach
A little behind the 8 ball here I know coz I just turned it back on, but I see the tactic of getting Trott out at midwicket worked after all... Non believers :P
It was a short ball barrage, and he'd scored probably 35 - 40 runs through there with some awesome shots.

Ruckus

International Captain
I'm still amazed how terrible this bowling attack is. Flat pitch or not England bowled them out for a poor score in any test with only one bowler performing up to standard. Shocking.
England bowled Australia out because of some genuinely good bowling from Anderson and some seriously **** batting. The big picture of this Ashes series so far is that everything is going right for England in terms of in form batsmen, in form bowlers, and stability within the team, where as for Australia it's the exact opposite. If we lose this test, which seems very likely at this stage, I seriously doubt we will be able to come back and win the series given out performances so far. The good thing about this serious though is that whatever the result is hopefully either way a positive will emerge out of it: on one hand, if we win, that in itself is the reward, on and the other hand if we lose, hopefully some major changes will happen which might result in a more solid team.

pskov

International 12th Man
England bowled Australia out because of some genuinely good bowling from Anderson and some seriously **** batting. The big picture of this Ashes series so far is that everything is going right for England in terms of in form batsmen, in form bowlers, and stability within the team, where as for Australia it's the exact opposite. If we lose this test, which seems very likely at this stage, I seriously doubt we will be able to come back and win the series given out performances so far. The good thing about this serious though is that whatever the result is hopefully either way a positive will emerge out of it: on one hand, if we win, that in itself is the reward, on and the other hand if we lose, hopefully some major changes will happen which might result in a more solid team.
That's what England fans said after 1993, 1994/95, 1997, 1998/99 etc.

Not saying it'll ever get to that stage of despair for Australian cricket, but let's just say demoralising series defeats aren't all they're cracked up to be.

Maximus0723

State Regular
Major changes like what?

North for captaincy?:ph34r:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Despite a career body of work that would suggest different. I think it is a wonderful selection :)
Yeah, think you'd struggle to find many people on here that were supportive of his selection ITFP. If they were going to drop Hauritz, they should have at least brought in O'Keefe who, despite only playing a handful of games, at least has a bowling average the right side of 30, is more than handy with the bat and good in the field. And he's only 25.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Channel 9 commentary team talking about the Oval 1938 as if they have never heard of it before. Anyone who has ever read a cricket book from the age of 10 could tell you all about it.

Dire knowledge

Ruckus

International Captain
That's what England fans said after 1993, 1994/95, 1997, 1998/99 etc.

Not saying it'll ever get to that stage of despair for Australian cricket, but let's just say demoralising series defeats aren't all they're cracked up to be.
I don't think Australia has the same kind of problem. The problem is none of our team is in sync at the moment - first Hussey and Ponting were badly out of form, with Watson, Clarke and Katich doing a pretty good job. Now Hussey seems to be in good form, but Clarke and Katich are suddenly having periods of bad form. Then you add to that, the more permanent selection problems like North (who just shoudn't be there), and the same kind of problems happening with our bowling attack.

I don't really know what the remedy is...but I don't think the problem is to do with a lack of talent.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think Australia has the same kind of problem. The problem is none of our team is in sync at the moment - first Hussey and Ponting were badly out of form, with Watson, Clarke and Katich doing a pretty good job. Now Hussey seems to be in good form, but Clarke and Katich are suddenly having periods of bad form. Then you add to that, the more permanent selection problems like North (who just shoudn't be there), and the same kind of problems happening with our bowling attack.

I don't really know what the remedy is...but I don't think the problem is to do with a lack of talent.
Players are not as good as pervious generation of players. It may not be a lack of talent but the problem is a downgrade in talent and having to learn how to face situations regularly that they have not had much previous experience of.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

I wouldn't say Katich is out of form. He got a 50 in the first innings of the series, and didn't get to face a ball in the first innings of this match.

Ruckus

International Captain
I wouldn't say Katich is out of form. He got a 50 in the first innings of the series, and didn't get to face a ball in the first innings of this match.
He had a pretty terrible tour of India. Might not be 'out of form', but just hasn't scored well in recent times.

Swash

Cricket Spectator
If this is the series where Ricky's trying to erase the taint of losing two Ashes series to England, it isn't going too well for him..