• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

TV and radio coverage

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
TMS squad announcement:

Commentators:
Aggers, CMJ, Simon Hughes, Jim Maxwell

Summarisers:
Vaughan, Boycott, Vic Marks, Ian Chappell (Adelaide, Melbourne), Slater (Brisbane, Perth, Sydney)

Looking good. :) The only one there I don't like is Vaughan, and maybe he will grow on me. I'm glad they've got Slater, I really liked him in 2005.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Simon Hughes.8-)

As for the rest they are fine and at least we don't have to put up with Henry Blowjob.

Hope i won't be listening much though as i'll have it on tv,difficult to watch one and listen to the other these days as the delay in pictures generally is too great.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Simon Hughes.8-)

As for the rest they are fine and at least we don't have to put up with Henry Blowjob.

Hope i won't be listening much though as i'll have it on tv,difficult to watch one and listen to the other these days as the delay in pictures generally is too great.
Don't be so mean about Blowers. :p

I'll be radio+cricketweb during the week, Sky at the weekend. Sometimes the radio can be just as good for these night-long stints imo.

Spark

Global Moderator
TMS squad announcement:

Commentators:
Aggers, CMJ, Simon Hughes, Jim Maxwell

Summarisers:
Vaughan, Boycott, Vic Marks, Ian Chappell (Adelaide, Melbourne), Slater (Brisbane, Perth, Sydney)

Looking good. :) The only one there I don't like is Vaughan, and maybe he will grow on me. I'm glad they've got Slater, I really liked him in 2005.
I think, freed from the shackles of Nein's "you must cater to bogans" philosophy, he'll become a lot better than his form of the past two years.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Simon Hughes was great as "The Analyst" in his Ch 4 days, but as a front-line commentator he's way off the pace.

Vaughan - bit of a prick.

Otherwise claaaaaaaaaass

pup11

International Coach
Richie Benaud, Ian Chappell, Michael Slater, Ian Healy, Tony Greig, Mark Taylor, Bill Lawry, Mark Nicholas and Shane Warne, this is the most likely line-up for Channel 9.
Have already decided that I'm gonna use the mute button whenever Healy, Greig or Benaud are gonna be on air.
Have tremendous respect for Benaud as a player and presenter, but seriously his time has passed and Channel 9 should consider bringing in some new peopl who have something different and more interesting to say.

sifter132

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Thankfully Richie doesn't get to talk too much these days with the 3 man commentary box. I think he feels he has to force his way in sometimes with some dry wit, or some over the top praise, or making something sound way more interesting than it is.

Hopefully lots happens when Bill Lawry is commentating. Bill on a dull day is torturous - same tired cliches and suggestions.

pup11

International Coach
Thankfully Richie doesn't get to talk too much these days with the 3 man commentary box. I think he feels he has to force his way in sometimes with some dry wit, or some over the top praise, or making something sound way more interesting than it is.

Hopefully lots happens when Bill Lawry is commentating. Bill on a dull day is torturous - same tired cliches and suggestions.
Haha, yeah... I hope Richie doesn't come up with the same ''Ponting told Symonds to stay there till the end'' story again. It just makes me mad to listen to him say this same thing again and again every summer.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I for one will be going with the Sky player / cricinfo / CW / twitter / test match sofa combo.

Why yes, my desk does look like this

Last edited:

chalky

International Debutant
Botham apart Sky's regular panel look top notch with added Warnie.

Botham, Gower, Hussain, Bumble, Warnie, Atherton & Holding.

pup11

International Coach
Botham apart Sky's regular panel look top notch with added Warnie.

I'm just happy that I won't have to listen to Botham and Bumble during the Ashes which is a big relief.

archie mac

International Coach
My eight best commentators (not in order)

Boycott
Blowers
Skull
Atherton
Holding
Chappelli
Shastri
Gower

WorstSix
Greig (yes his out, he's got him. How about a name Greigy?)
Healy (bias, even as an Aussie, I can feel it)
Slater (yes it's so exciting!)
Willis (wake me up please, would like to see him and Slater on together)
Fleming (shut up. please)
Warne (talks more than Fleming)

howardj

International Coach

You're a good man.

Someone who calls Rich and Bill for what they are - crap, and way stale.

howardj

International Coach
What a massive seven week long piss up those guys will have in Aus.

Willis, Knight etc must have been horribly disappointed to miss selection and such an awesome trip.

howardj

International Coach
Haha, yeah... I hope Richie doesn't come up with the same ''Ponting told Symonds to stay there till the end'' story again. It just makes me mad to listen to him say this same thing again and again every summer.
haha That's in my sig

"be here at the end.....and he was!"