• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

TV and radio coverage

chalky

International Debutant
What a massive seven week long piss up those guys will have in Aus.

Willis, Knight etc must have been horribly disappointed to miss selection and such an awesome trip.
As bad as Botham is in the comm box he sounds like great company for a piss up, from what the other commentators say he pretty much hits it every night and everyone else just makes what days they can. I think there has been a few sick days with other commentators trying to keep up remember Nasser, Atherton & Bumble all looking a rough and saying they were drinking with Botham the previous night.

But yeah getting paid to travel around Australia for 3 months watching cricket and taking in the night life it's a tough job ......

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
What a massive seven week long piss up those guys will have in Aus.

Willis, Knight etc must have been horribly disappointed to miss selection and such an awesome trip.
thank **** we don't have to listen to Knight in the Ashes, almost as bad as Vaughan

Blog it for six

Cricket Spectator
Slats is one of my favourites, especially when him and Boycott argue because you can hear the point when Slater eventually cracks and has to put Boycs in his place. On which point, I don’t know how Boycott gets his job in the TMS commentary box, he says the same tired old things time and time and time again. I’m English, but his bias towards England is just too much sometimes.

I actually like Vaughan, think he talks sense, but agree with Zaremba that Hughes isn’t as good a commentator as he was an analyst.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Slats is one of my favourites, especially when him and Boycott argue because you can hear the point when Slater eventually cracks and has to put Boycs in his place. On which point, I don’t know how Boycott gets his job in the TMS commentary box, he says the same tired old things time and time and time again. I’m English, but his bias towards England is just too much sometimes.

I actually like Vaughan, think he talks sense, but agree with Zaremba that Hughes isn’t as good a commentator as he was an analyst.
Nah, Boycott was hilarious in 2005 when he laughed at Glenn McGrath getting a wicket off a no-ball. :D