• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I gotta get some sleep, some time this week, man

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Okay, staying up through the night tips, please.

I did reasonably well last time, but it looks like the only Test I don't have any working days after is the 4th.

What is everyone else in the non-evil part of the world planning to do RE staying up etc?

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I have already told my wife i will be watching the cricket this winter,got a roll of the eyes but it has to be done.Kids to school for 9,dog taken out and fetch kids at 3.Plenty of time for kip inbetween.:laugh:

Just need to stop drinking beer after 1st session as it won't go down well stinking like a brewery at school early in a morning.

Last edited:

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Start around midnight, except Perth, iirc.

I'm thinking I need to try to get some sleep between getting in from work around 7pm and midnight, somehow.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Most of them start at either 23.30 or midnight, Perth generally around 2.30 I think

tombarlow123

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Well this is a new experience for me, never stayed up for the Ashes before and would also like some tips on keeping awake and the such, considering I'm still working during the first two tests. I should be alright during the hols but how the hell am i gonna stay up when i'm working the next morning! I was thinking of dosing up on speed every few hours but I'm not so sure thats good for the heart... and I'm not the sort of guy who can handle ODing, especially 5 days in a row...

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tom,best way is to get to bed early and get yourself up for 2.40 when they come out after lunch.Yes you miss a session but you get 5/6 hours sleep and once you have a few coffees when you are at work it just feels like a poor nights sleep.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Corrin during January:
"I'm so tired, I haven't slept a wink
I'm so tired, my mind is on the blink
I wonder should I get up and fix myself a drink
No,no,no.

I'm so tired I don't know what to do
I'm so tired my mind is set on you
I wonder should I call you but I know what you would do

You'd say I'm putting you on
But it's no joke, it's doing me harm
You know I can't sleep, I can't stop my brain
You know it's three weeks, I'm going insane
You know I'd give you everything I've got
for a little peace of mind

I'm so tired, I'm feeling so upset
Although I'm so tired I'll have another cigarette
And curse Sir Walter Raleigh
He was such a stupid get.

You'd say I'm putting you on
But it's no joke, it's doing me harm
You know I can't sleep, I can't stop my brain
You know it's three weeks, I'm going insane
You know I'd give you everything I've got
for a little peace of mind
I'd give you everything I've got for a little peace of mind
I'd give you everything I've got for a little peace of mind
"

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Loved the whole watching experience of the 06/07 Ashes, was just when I was fully getting into cricket (becoming slightly obsessive about it). Would wake up, and watch until I couldn't leave for school any later. Get home and watch the highlights to catch up on anything I'd missed.

This time I've got nada. No Sky Sports, and no PC internet connection from 11pm until 7am so I won't be streaming. :(

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Not quite sure how this will fit in with trying to teach, but will give it a go. Will most likely be final sessions only/afternoon sessions and evening sessions.

I did it in 06 for the First Test with 20-minute kips between sessions and then sleeping early evening round to midnight and by the end of the Test, both my sleeping patterns and faith in England's form were shattered to pieces. Didn't try again.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How? I can listen to the radio, that's it.
The two ways round it are:
- convinving step-father to remove my internet time out
- finding £20 a month to fund a Sky Sports subscription and getting mother to agree to setting up a direct debit to her account.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
From past experience I usually manage the first session pretty comfortably. Lunch is the killer tho.

Plan for work days this year is to watch morning, catch three or so hours kip and tune back in for apres tea.