• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

Woodster

International Captain
Nearly there!! The toss will be interesting, looking forward to the Sky coverage getting underway in half an hour so we can have a look at weather and pitch conditions.

joels344

U19 Debutant
Ok latest weather update. I am about 1km from the Gabba. There is a bit of blue sky above the Gabba at the moment, but pretty overcast everywhere else. Light breeze from the South East, about 24 deg C. May be a spot of rain later.
Glad the weather looks fine for play. I've been impatiently waiting for this to start.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
Australia to bat first and Katich and Watson to put on 100 before losing a wicket. That's my prediction.

Last edited:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australia to bat first and Katich and Watson to put on 100 before losing a wicket. That's my predication.
Nah one will go early, just that ****er Ponting that needs to be sorted out but its fine he will come out aggressively and get out pulling Stephen Finn in his first ashes over.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jeez, if Australia bat it could be the ultimate metrosexual handbag-athon if Broad bowls the first ball to Watto.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Quite funny seeing a lot of the Lancs County lads mummbling about the cricket to one another on Twitter.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Feel that England have missed a trick by not including at least one of the bowlers from Bellerive. Tremlett instead of Finn, tbh.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Australia have problems if Xavier dochery is there best spinner

He Averages over 50 per wicket in F/C cricket
palmface

Welcome to the board hick. First, Doherty averages under 50 in FC. Secondly, his last few seasons have been very impressive and he is in form.

If you'd like to know more about it, search for 'Doherty' in this thread, amongst others.

Last edited:

ripper868

International Coach
Bit like your location but less said bout that the better. edit: at Joels ftr

Australia has the best Xi on the pitch...mainly because we have no choice but to support them...Doherty, hilfeh, siddle and Midge all the grab 5 fers imo

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
Omg omg omg omg omg. THE ASHES IS ALMOST UNDERWAY!

I've had 3 red bulls and am currently downing a piping hot coffee; bring on the crims.

ripper868

International Coach
Hey pizz, long time no see, looking forward to more banter between our good selves. you can have the sleep issues this time around, and we'll take back the urn. ta.