• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Interesting statistic that if Australia don't win this test, and that seems highly likely to occur, it'll be the third time in just over two years that they'll have played four consecutive tests and not won any of them. In the previous 14 years, that only happened once.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
The selectors seem to be happy with the mediocre players they know well rather then trying to risk improving. I guess they will keep justifying selections based on past results against poor sides. I imagine the whole ashes series will be like this (but without siddle and hussey pulling out massive performances) and after the series we'll see alot of players dropped ( i hope if it continues like this)
I don't know. When it comes to the Ashes they tend to make drastic decisions

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England to declare, or bat all day and tire out whoever's lucky enough to keep their spot for Adelaide?
Depends how quickly we get to a lead of over 250.I guess we could declare setting you 280 in 50 overs if we put our foot down.Can't see it though,think we'll just bat all day.

Last edited:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dunno what's more heart-breaking, the 2 dropped catches or the whinging. It's like everyone decided to become the Australian version of Scaly, minus the swearing.

It's frustrating as hell no doubt, but no amount of over-the-top pessimism is going to make anything better. Anyone would think we're already 3-0 down in the series or something.

Spark

Global Moderator
It is the lack of fight that is surprising me.After yesterday you would think they would have come out all guns blazing this morning to get some pride back but they have been flat from ball 1.
They were bowling well, as they needed to, first hour or so. Tight and honing on the cracks. But since the drop... wow.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They were bowling well, as they needed to, first hour or so. Tight and honing on the cracks. But since the drop... wow.
Both Siddle and Hilf pace were well down though,almost medium trundlers by their own standards.

Are England going for a declaration here? 63-0 off the last 10 overs is as if they are batting for one.