• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ponting shows lack of class (Chapter 94)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Geez, people, get enough of my usage of ineducated. I've said it 100 times - uneducated just doesn't feel right to me. Thus, I'll use ineducated.

I'm fully well educated that my spelling is not the accepted one. There's ABSOLUTELY NO IRONY in my calling people ineducated when they make ineducated (or uneducated if you insist) comments.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Geez, people, get enough of my usage of ineducated. I've said it 100 times - uneducated just doesn't feel right to me. Thus, I'll use ineducated.

I'm fully well educated that my spelling is not the accepted one. There's ABSOLUTELY NO IRONY in my calling people ineducated when they make ineducated (or uneducated if you insist) comments.
You appear uneducated every time you use 'ineducated'. Anyway, I've seen you correct peoples' grammar a million times. Feel free to stop doing that if you're going to make up your own rules. I have no personal investment in what language you speak, I just love giving you **** about it. No kidding, if you feel so compelled not to speak/write English, man up and write your own language.

I'll just wish I was there the first time you get a job where you have to write professionally. :D

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I've already got one - you and me both write for this here site, called CricketWeb.net, ya notice? I'm quite capable of switching between my rules and the accepted ones for neccessary purposes.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've already got one - you and me both write for this here site, called CricketWeb.net, ya notice? I'm quite capable of switching between my rules and the accepted ones for neccessary purposes.
Too much time on your hands, tbh. Why bother with the angst?

Furball

Evil Scotsman

You can't make up words to suit yourself, particularly when you go about correcting other people's spelling and grammar.

Inferiority

Banned
While I mostly respect Sri Lanka's integrity, the name Ranatunga does elicit alot of dislike around the world and as for India; Ganguly (you mentioned), Bhaji (you mentioned), Sreesanth (probably not worth mentioning).
Garbage, many Australian fans seem to always give them a hard time in Australia. Murali always cops the abuse from the rowdy crowd, it's always a difficult task for touring sides to tolerant the scumbag 'supporters' who abuses players. I have a feeling that there will be uncontrollable civil riots when India tours Australia again due to the protests going on atm.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Garbage, many Australian fans seem to always give them a hard time in Australia. Murali always cops the abuse from the rowdy crowd, it's always a difficult task for touring sides to tolerant the scumbag 'supporters' who abuses players. I have a feeling that there will be uncontrollable civil riots when India tours Australia again due to the protests going on atm.
:dry:

cowboy up

Banned
where do i start here.firstly anyone who is passionate about there country always tries to put opposition players off by a bit off friendy banter,especially the good ones such as murali,thats not to say there arn't supporters out there that take it to far and bring racism into it which i dont agree with and neither do most australians.but the same thing happens when the ausssies go and travel other countries,everyone makes out that aussies are racist,i just laugh now its so old and so untrue.im really glad the ashes are the next series because i enjoy the friendly rivalry and the sledging between us convicts and the pommies, the crickets played hard and fair by both sides and it dont turn into a big winge like when we play the indians

Smith

Banned
Murali was given a hall of fame reception by the Aussie cricketers when he stepped out for his last international appearance in Australia. That was a heartwarming gesture but I am not sure it made up substantially for the ill mannered behaviour towards him meted out by a few bogans in the Aussie crowd. Let's face it, there are racists everywhere in the world, and Aussie ones seem to be too vocal and therein attract more attention than others.

jondavluc

State Regular
I think Ricky Ponting's disliked by all non australian cricket fans, similarly to how Ganguly is disliked by all non Indian cricket fans. Regarding this post, both sides are severely lacking in the 'class' department IMO, each has a long rap sheet of offences from bodyline to jelly beans, for either side to lecture anyone on the spirit of the game is pretty ridiculous, though the same could be said for most sides these days (though a few Indian players [not bhaji obviously] and the Sri Lankan side are stand outs IMO). England seem to have lost their moral compass and maturity since Alec Stewart left, Australia seem to have compromised their values (whatever happened to what happens on the field stays on the field?) since Steve Waugh left too.
Nah I love Ganguly He was my favourite Indian cricketer besides Kumble at one point.Also I'm glad the so called "What goes in the field stays on the field"law is gone. Most of the other countries didn't follow that so why should we?.

Last edited:

Trumpers_Ghost

U19 Cricketer
Murali was given a hall of fame reception by the Aussie cricketers when he stepped out for his last international appearance in Australia. That was a heartwarming gesture but I am not sure it made up substantially for the ill mannered behaviour towards him meted out by a few bogans in the Aussie crowd. Let's face it, there are racists everywhere in the world, and Aussie ones seem to be too vocal and therein attract more attention than others.
how does anti-murali become rascist?

Smith

Banned
how does anti-murali become rascist?
Let's really not go there mate. Murali has been at the receiving end of racist remarks not just from the crowd but the players as well. But as I said, it's a topic I'd always try to avoid discussing because of the putrid afterburn it leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.