• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will take the most wickets?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Johnson almost seems too obvious. Kinda like the look of Swann. Will do the most bowling and is quality.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
On Anderson, I was backing him when Goughy didn't think much of him during the tour of NZ. 3-5 months prior to that, I had him locked in my Ashes England squad when his place wasn't sure according to every one. I have been a long term supporter of him and am hoping he does really well in the Ashes.

Last edited:

rivera213

U19 Vice-Captain
I think it'll be close between Johnson and Anderson if the conditions allow for swing. I personally think the order of the top 5 wicket takers to be something like:

1- Johnson
2- Anderson
3- Siddle
4- Onions
5- Swann

Trumpers_Ghost

U19 Cricketer
I think it'll be close between Johnson and Anderson if the conditions allow for swing. I personally think the order of the top 5 wicket takers to be something like:

1- Johnson
2- Anderson
3- Siddle
4- Onions
5- Swann
I really don't think that England will take enough wickets to make the above remotely possible.

I'll go for Macdonald. Something tells me if he is given an opportunity from the go that the conditions will suit and he'll be the breakout player of the series. Johnson not far behind, both with 20+. Also predict that no England bowler will get above 12 wickets due to factors of chop'n'change selection, injury breakdowns, mediocrity.

Some bias in that perhaps, but it is honest.

cheers

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Johnson for me. He's the undoubted form Aussie bowler (was going to say "class act", but all the others are too, really) and most of his confreres are coming into the tournament with slight questions marks. Siddle looks quality, but has been playing for less than 10 seconds and is injury prone from way back when and Lee & Clark are both 30-somethings returning from serious injury.

Think ours will be spread around a bit more and, in all probability, not be as numerous anyway. However I am going to tip Fred to end up as the top Englishman as he straps it on one last time for a "final hurrah" kind of series before he knocks tests on the head to concentrate on the shorter forms. :mellow:

scorpiogal

U19 Debutant
Anderson.

Johnson'll take the 1st test at least, learning new things about those strange new English conditions.:laugh:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Peter Siddle.

Under-rated on here I feel. If fit, should absolutely gun it. WAG.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Johnson. Despite being bowled into the ground in Tests for 12 months, looks fit and strong, has form and is adding new weapons all the time. He and Piddle to do the bulk of the damage for the Aussies.