• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is switching sides?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
In the last Ashes, I was rooting for Australia throughout the series, and was dissapointed in their loss. This year, I will be rooting for England, and it is likely they will lose. So it sucks to be me.

Anyone else changing their alliance in terms of who to vote for?

James

Cricket Web Owner
I'm a British Citizen, a NZ Citizen and will soon be an Australian Permanent Resident.

I can't lose :D

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Voltman said:
I didn't know you stole a loaf of bread.
It was that kind of initiative that was needed to propser in this wide, brown land......
:cool:
There are a lot of things about the current crop of soap dodgers that I admire, but I could never support them.

People said it was good for the game that we lost the last Ashes series.

Tell that to blokes like me who sat up through the night and watched every ball only to be devastated with the dross which we put up from time-to-time; tell it to those of us who had to put up with the ball barely falling out of the hand of Kaspa & Dizzy; tell it to those of us who wondered why it took us 1 innings to realise that a bloke who's opened the batting in 70 odd tests might want to play more circumspectly but it took him 5 tests to realise the same thing, despite having the advantage of Buchanan and his idiotic laptop; tell it to the supporters who wondered why Lee & Warne were able to belt the bowlers all over the place while blokes with averages between 45 & 50 couldn't beat time with a stick; tell it to those of us who heard on the radio that the best fast bowler in the world had been ruled out because he trod on a ball presumably left on the field by some hanger-on who gets paid big bickies to live off the fat of a great team but can't pick up after himself - and then heard that the skipper sent the opposition in anyway; and tell it to those of us who wondered why our fellas couldn't have gone out and bought some XXX mints on a day off so when we bowled the ball would move around like a flying saucer in one of those home-made UFO sighting movies.....

Yeah, I'm pretty much over it...... :wallbash:

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But at least you grew up with it and may have gotten used to it.

It was worse than having surgery performed without anasthetic.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Burgey said:
But at least you grew up with it and may have gotten used to it.

It was worse than having surgery performed without anasthetic.
C'mon man its just a game.

howardj

International Coach
I always hope for a great contest, above all else.

2-2 going to Sydney would be sweet.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Not supporting either side this side, just supporting cricket and looking foward to a superb test series.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh this is a toughie, I'm an Englishman so I should support the plucky underdogs.

Yet I think I'll stick with blighty:p

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I only really supported the English last year because they were such underdogs, however I think next year I will be cheering for Australia because they are the team I most like to watch, and have played some great cricket since the Ashes while England have floundered and don't really deserve to keep the urn.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
aussie said:
Not supporting either side this side, just supporting cricket and looking foward to a superb test series.
Since when did this change of heart come about?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Probably since he was abused non-stop about it, and decided he didn't want to cop flak anymore?

SS why are you changing sides this time by the way?