• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

12th Match - Afghanistan v England (23rd March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Niall

International Coach
Jordan is supposedly an all rounder so England should be grand.

England should never choose to bat first no matter the opposition.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Our tournament record against 'smaller' teams is nothing short of embarrassing by now. It feels like we lose one in every World Cup. Must be something psychological at work, which is ridiculous seeing as hardly any of these players will have played in any of the losses.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
At 53 for 5, Unibet still have England as favourites. I was going there to place a bat on ENgland, as I had expected it to pay out decently.......
Betting sites have been stupid in this match. At the start, Afghan was paying 8! I grabbed that with both hands.

Remember Morgan doesn't use spinners in the powerplays. So for England to win they have to have a semi-decent chance after Afghanistan's first 6 overs. 100 needed in 14 overs with 8 wickets to go is a semi-decent chance. The way this innings is going, I don't see much chance of Afghanistan needing 100+ in their last 14 overs. I totally expect at least one between Shahzad and Noor Ali to make runs in the first 6 against England's poor pace attack.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I'd genuinely consider Ravi ahead of Plunkett as a bowler in these conditions, tbf

James

Cricket Web Owner
Just love the associate nations, they brought so much to the ODI World Cup last year. Just a shame they didn't get a proper chance this time around.

Afghanistan leading the way :)

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Just 8 more overs to go. Rashid and Willey yet to come. England still stand at 50:50 in this match, can even say 60:40 England.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just love the associate nations, they brought so much to the ODI World Cup last year. Just a shame they didn't get a proper chance this time around.

Afghanistan leading the way :)
Minnows like England don't make for competitive games in these tournaments, ICC need to look into this. :ph34r:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bopara may have some ability on crumbling pitches, but he doesn't have the mentality. He'd randomly just pat one to a fielder.