• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group 2 Second Round - West Indies, India, Pakistan, Australia, Bangladesh

Philhughesisbes

School Boy/Girl Captain
Why wasn"t Faulkner playing today?Muirhead looks a promising leggie.I'm surprise Ashton Agar hasn't played limited overs cricket for Australia.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
No one does the butt hurt quite like social. I still remember him calling Yuvraj a soft **** after his match winning effort against Australia in quarter final of last world cup, while as it turned out suffering from cancer.
:laugh:!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember that vividly. Yuvraj played and missed a few times in his match-winning innings against Australia and hence Social bagged the crap out of him.

Then we find out the guy has cancer.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Either Australia, WI, Pakistan and Bangladesh all stink hard with the bat or India are bowling well. Its quite clearly the latter and it should be no surprise since this group has had the spinning wickets.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Either Australia, WI, Pakistan and Bangladesh all stink hard with the bat or India are bowling well. Its quite clearly the latter and it should be no surprise since this group has had the spinning wickets.
Watched all 3 Oz matches and the pitches have been very good for batting

We are just ****e

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
Before the tournament Australia were supposed to be favorites, while that was still exaggerating how good they were why shift the goalposts now? **** happens in T20 anyway, it's quite an arbitrary format of the game.

ajdude

International Coach
similar shot to maxwell's dismissal last night itbt

sammy's held his shape much better there though.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Before the tournament Australia were supposed to be favorites, while that was still exaggerating how good they were why shift the goalposts now? **** happens in T20 anyway, it's quite an arbitrary format of the game.
Ranked 7 coming in and lost Mitch before the start leaving two bowlers coming off lengthy injury breaks to carry the pace attack

In short, there is no way in the wide world that they should have been favourites

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Quite why Australia were favourites coming into the tournament is beyond me.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I pointed this out too very early. They kept shortening the more they won (i.e. vs. England and South Africa). Completely ignoring the fact those matches were played in Australia and South Africa.

One of the more obvious mispricings.

That being said, Australia still underperformed here. Should not have been out of the tournament before their 3rd match, no way.

ajdude

International Coach
ffs news ltd coming out with an article saying how watson didn't walk after being bowled and craddock saying he would've reviewed it etc, dhoni wasn't even ****ing sure