• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group G: Germany, Portugal, Ghana, USA

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I'm surprised people are getting so outraged about Muller, I must say. Sure, he went down easily, perhaps, but you see worse instances of this sort of thing in nearly every single game. That doesn't make it right, but you'd have thought that a seasoned pro like Pepe would have the intelligence not to react to it in the stupidest way imaginable.

If Pepe had been shown a red card for the arm in the face that'd be a different story perhaps, but as far as I can tell he was shown it for the headbutt (if you can call it that), which he completely deserved and for which he has nobody to blame but himself. Knowing what a **** he is, if I were lining up against him I would do all I could to provoke him into doing something stupid, seems like Germany were of the same disposition and he took the bait. Guy's a ****.

This whole "the game's gone soft" thing is just so tedious as well. Everybody knows what football is ffs. Like it or lump it.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Portugal look ****ing abject. Ronnie not looking overly interested either.

Love the US and/or Ghana to eliminate them. IIRC yer Seppos beat them in 2002, so there is precedent.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I'm surprised people are getting so outraged about Muller, I must say. Sure, he went down easily, perhaps, but you see worse instances of this sort of thing in nearly every single game. That doesn't make it right, but you'd have thought that a seasoned pro like Pepe would have the intelligence not to react to it in the stupidest way imaginable.

I don't think Muller "went down easy", he got an accidental flick on the cheek and acted like he'd been smashed across the face with the sole intent of getting another player sent off. It was pretty low. That said, it wasn't even awarded as a free kick initially so absolutely nothing came of it and Pepe is a huge idiot for reacting the way we did. If he hadn't gone and headbutted him, people would just be talking about Muller being a scumbag and Pepe would still be on the pitch.

Not that in really matters in terms of the result either way. Ronaldo looks like he doesn't give the slightest **** about this game.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!

If Pepe had been shown a red card for the arm in the face that'd be a different story perhaps, but as far as I can tell he was shown it for the headbutt (if you can call it that), which he
Precisely this. Pepe was a dumb ****, deserved to be sent off anyway regardless of theatrics. Most footballers make a meal out of an arm to the face tbh

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:laugh: Watching the cricket but just saw Ronaldo going mental in the corner of my eye, even better because it was on mute.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

If Pepe had been shown a red card for the arm in the face that'd be a different story perhaps, but as far as I can tell he was shown it for the headbutt (if you can call it that), which he completely deserved and for which he has nobody to blame but himself. Knowing what a **** he is, if I were lining up against him I would do all I could to provoke him into doing something stupid, seems like Germany were of the same disposition and he took the bait. Guy's a ****.

This whole "the game's gone soft" thing is just so tedious as well. Everybody knows what football is ffs. Like it or lump it.
Not about the game going soft

It is soft

BoyBrumby

Englishman
How do you not get this?

It has nothing to do with being soft.
Indeed so, it's being "cute", "clever" or, if one prefers, a cheating fecker.

Muller was hit, however slight, and in the current climate of course he's going down. Especially as Pepe is a renowned red in waiting.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Indeed so, it's being "cute", "clever" or, if one prefers, a cheating fecker.

Muller was hit, however slight, and in the current climate of course he's going down. Especially as Pepe is a renowned red in waiting.
This is precisely it. Knowing how refs deal with this sort of thing, why would you not go down when caught across the face? Don't hate the player, hate the game etc...

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Hey social, if you don't like football then **** off and leave this subbie to people who do love the game.

The rolling around in football is no different to players milking contact etc at the ruck in League in an attempt to win penalties. Happens in all sports - if there's an opportunity to grab an advantage, people will do so.