• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Changes to Olympics that you's like to see

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Chess is a mind sport, imo. Played all around the world and Is already there in the asian games IIRC. Can be pretty good viewing.

And remember golf being included in one of the Asian or CW games before and half the bigger names dropped out even there. Can see the same happening for Olympics particularly those from bigger sporting countries.
So is poker.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Chess isn't a sport. Fails on the "Stephen Hawking test".

If Prof Hawking can beat you in competition the game being played is purely mental and sport, by definition, has to have a physical aspect.

Think Squash is a dire spectator sport, ftr. The playing area means it just isn't very conducive to television coverage.
What about a life-size giant chess board? One that will require you to push the pieces from one square to another.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Strongman Chess. Sounds like a fun idea.
Except for the chess part. Such a **** game.

We have an ex national decathlete and ex strong man in Scrabble who've both been national champion. Also Malta's top player is 20odd time national squash champion. May as well combine something with Scrabble.

Spark

Global Moderator
I love Chess but I gotta question how many actual professional chess games Cevno has been privy to. A single move could take upwards of half an hour at times, during which absolutely nothing will happen save blinking.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I love Chess but I gotta question how many actual professional chess games Cevno has been privy to. A single move could take upwards of half an hour at times, during which absolutely nothing will happen save blinking.
The Chess Clock
International chess has a standard time control of 40 moves in 2 hours and then an extra hour to reach move 60. After this, if the game is still in progress a quickplay finish decides the game.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Except for the chess part. Such a **** game.

We have an ex national decathlete and ex strong man in Scrabble who've both been national champion. Also Malta's top player is 20odd time national squash champion. May as well combine something with Scrabble.
How can anyone hate Chess? It's the greatest board game ever invented. A game fit for Kings. Wars have been decided on a chessboard.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I would scrap Football in his current form and replace it with Futsal.

For those you said Golf is in the next Olympics, is it going to be a normal 4 day event, match play or Ambrose style event? I quite like the last 2 formats I suggested.

Also, just for a random sport to be added, I'll go with Orienteering. Reckon an event featuring navigational skills having to run, bike and canoe around a course could be quite fun.