• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Athletics Thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The 200 was over after about 80 metres. What an amazing runner. Back to back doubles. Unheard of.

And all three medals to Jamaica, too.

uvelocity

International Coach
missed it but how awesome is the bloke

said on the news a yank ran the relay semi with a broken leg, that's pretty special

Burgey

missed it but how awesome is the bloke

said on the news a yank ran the relay semi with a broken leg, that's pretty special
Yeah that was pretty incredible wasn't it?

How good was Bolt grabbing the photogrpher's camera and takin pics of he media then of his team mates? Wafg.

Burgey

He's just fantastic really. And the funny thing is, plenty of American and other sprinters have carried on with pre-and-post race antics in the past, but I can't recall any of them getting away with it and being as likable as Bolt. It's a gift to be able to be so talented and overtly self-confident, yet so personable and likable.

Very few of us manage it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah many said something similar back in 08, whereby asking if Bolt was an American would he get away with it? Or if he was white could he get away with his celebrations?

Its an interesting question. A few people writing in the comments sections on the Sydney Morning Herald page were complaining about his antics, but they were countered by more people who love them and believe he is just being genuine and having fun.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What about Harper's excitement at getting a silver medal, even though she won the gold last time? Admirable.

Be interesting to hear what the coverage of Harper and Wells is like in comparison to Jones' fourth.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/05/s...eauty-not-achievement.html?_r=3&smid=tw-share
Pretty critical article. Would imagine there will be even more criticism.

I wasn't that cynical regarding her announcing she's a virgin. I mean if its the truth, I don't see any issue with her sharing it. I can definitely see how it'd be annoying for Harper though to constantly be asked about Jones and her posing nude etc.
Dawn Harper, Kellie Wells Rip Lolo Jones On NBC [VIDEO] - Business Insider

Wells: Well, I think that, on the podium tonight, the three girls that earned their spot and they got their medals and they worked hard and did what they needed to do, prevailed. And that's all that really needs to be said.
Beadle: Wow.
Harper: BOOM! Just like that.
Beadle: You can cut the tension in here with a knife.

uvelocity

International Coach
YA few people writing in the comments sections on the Sydney Morning Herald page were complaining about his antics, but they were countered by more people who love them and believe he is just being genuine and having fun.
z

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can someone explain exactly why South Africa is being afforded a place in the mens 4x400m relay final? Makes absolutely no sense to me. Yeah it sucks their athlete was injured in part due to a mistake by someone else, but I don't see why this means they deserve a chance to run for a medal more than any of the other teams that finished/didn't make the final.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
After dominating for 2 years Vivian Cheruiyot has to settle do silver and bronze in 5k and 10k at the Olympics. Oh well

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We need some of those bloodthirsty Aussie interviewers to barrack our ****ing prima donna ****wit 100m relay team. So sick of the useless wankers being totally ****ing incapable of legally getting the baton around. it's beyond pathetic. Adults and juniors alike, 100% failure rate for majors this season. Every major event it seems to be the same story. And I bet the useless dickheads who prance about like they own the ****ing stadium get an absolute fortune in funding. Take the money back off the whole ****ing lot of them and give it to the cyclists and tell the poseurs and druggy to **** off.