• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2 wheels

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So, what's good for the Badmintion, is not so good for the cyclists.....

In the name of all the competitors I promise that we shall take part in these Olympic Games, respecting and abiding by the rules which govern them, committing ourselves to a sport without doping and without drugs, in the true spirit of sportsmanship, for the glory of sport and the honor of our teams

What a ****ing joke.
Wow what a joke alright. Surely the gold will be stripped from them, pathetic performance if its true.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Expect the erstwhile fair go merchants who lambasted Henry for his handball and lack of sportsmanship to remain silent.

This stinks like a dead cat in the middle of the road.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I find it hard to believe that anyone could possibly be so stupid as to admit it live on the BBC. Would be pretty sad if it turns out to actually be true rather than what Team GB say though.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Love the British excuse that he's German and doesnt speak good English so his explanation was lost in translation :laugh:
I agree it sounds like a pretty lame excuse, but I can't honestly think of any other reason why he would say it though. I mean I know he's 19, but could he seriously be that thick?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Aussies taking our mantle not just as mediocre sportspeople but whingeing ****s too. Zip it Burgey.

Burgey

Aussies taking our mantle not just as mediocre sportspeople but whingeing ****s too. Zip it Burgey.
Nah **** that ****. Been more than happy to laud Wiggins, including his sportsmanship. This is the cycling equivalent of the badminton. Poor form.

uvelocity

International Coach
worse than the badminton. that was a battle of who could do worse, they both wanted to lose. this ruined germany's chances in a h2h battle. very unsportsmanlike.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Nah **** that ****. Been more than happy to laud Wiggins, including his sportsmanship. This is the cycling equivalent of the badminton. Poor form.
Cheating to win is different to losing on purpose surely?

Burgey

Cheating to win is different to losing on purpose surely?
Those badminton teams were doing precisely what the cyclist did though. Trying to position their teams so they could win by deliberately stuffing up. What's the difference, seriously?

Spikey

For me, this is worse because, it seems, they've decided to force a restart because the race hasn't gone well. Like, in this case cheating to win is worse than losing on purpose, because a lost still kept all those teams in the comp, it just changed who they lined up on.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Fair enough. I don't know much about what actually happened. Post about you lot moaning was tongue in cheek anyway, thought that was obvious.

Burgey

I don't want to make too big a point of it, but you'd hope they'll take Hoy's knighthood back at least, for this atrocity. If the queen had any decency she would do just that. :ph34r:

Last edited:

Burgey

Better still, the honourable thing would be to forfeit this upcoming final :D

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cycling and Rowing, you see this is the kind of success you can have if you have lousy public transport:D