• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group F (Super 8) - Sri Lanka, Australia, India, West Indies

GraemeSmith

School Boy/Girl Captain
If anyone wants to make a quick few bucks, now is the time to get in on the Jadega effigy making business.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Gavaskar is the same guy who batted for 60 overs in a one day game and scored a grand total of 35 runs. So maybe he's not the best guy to use an an example in the context of a T20 game.:laugh:
I'm not saying there is any sort of justification for what he did that game, but Gavaskar is also the same guy who scored 1 double, one 121 of 128 balls and one 90 of 120 balls in that series I linked, against Marshall and Holding at their peaks(33 and 30 wickets @ 19 and 22 respectively) and an ageing Andy Roberts.

The context was that Gavaskar being such a fine hooker(No Innuendo intended) and tamer of short bowling must feel disgusted commentating/watching the game with the Indian Batsmen looking absolutely pathetic.

AaronK

State Regular
anyone else was paying attention at gavasker's commentary..the guy was dying inside ahha... he forgot that commentaters are supposed to be nutral..some funny stuff.. more entertaining than the match hah

0RI0N

State 12th Man
Lol
thing about India now is that they are in a catch 20/20. Even if they bat out the overs or get bowled out ,their NRR is going to take a battering.
Rock.Hard place.Stuck

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
I must admit i am enjoying this Australian team performance quite a bit. Bowlers shooting like snipers....and batsmen merciless butchers....Loving it...

India needs to step up there game by a long way...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Rohit!!!

And those critcising gavaskar, what exactly did he say wrong? So what if he was upset, just like Holding gets when WI play like ****heads. Its notnecessarily bias, though Gavaskar often is, he wasn't today. He was telling it like it is.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just stumbled on the fact he was banned from IPL 2010. Madness that he's playing then.
Jadeja? Why was he banned mate?

Sure had a **** day though. Got Australia's innings going when he bowled too.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Rohit!!!

And those critcising gavaskar, what exactly did he say wrong? So what if he was upset, just like Holding gets when WI play like ****heads. Its notnecessarily bias, though Gavaskar often is, he wasn't today. He was telling it like it is.
I'm not criticizing Gavaskar mate, just feeling for him as he was such a fine player of short-pitched bowling and he had the misfortune of commentating in this game.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Rohit showing that with application this total was gettable.

So happy that rohit is proving me and his other backers right tonight. One positive from many negatives.

GraemeSmith

School Boy/Girl Captain
Sharma's performance hasn't been that great either. He might have handled the short ball decently but he played some pretty atrocious strokes early in the innings where it looked like he could have been out any ball. But I guess as they say; in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is the king.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah I know teja, post wasn't aimed at you. I get what you were saying. I understand gavaskar's frustration.