• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C - South Africa, India, Afghanistan

Sir Alex

Banned
Good effort by Afghanistan. Impressed by Hassan, Shenwari and Zadran, though the last one was expensive. He's such an exciting talent. But needs some focussed mentoring and he'll be World class.

Only if their batsmen could back it up. Not looking likely as their weakness against short bowling has been exposed. :(

Still worth the effort of staying up the whole night. Love this bunch.

GraemeSmith

School Boy/Girl Captain
I think SA has this one on the bag. If Afghanistan want to have a chance they should counterattack Steyn, no point in playing defensive shots against him when they don't have the technique or the experience to do so.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I think SA has this one on the bag. If Afghanistan want to have a chance they should counterattack Steyn, no point in playing defensive shots against him when they don't have the technique or the experience to do so.
Need to hit the ball first.

Kyle

School Boy/Girl Captain
He heard that one!

Sadiq was trying to counter attack, but just wild shots that were miles from the ball.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Steyn bowling beautifully to batsmen that wouldn't have ever faced anything this good. It's even a huge step-up from facing Kumar and Zaheer against India. Steyn bowling with this sort of rhythm on a quick, bouncy pitch is a joy to behold. Love his action.

Looking forward to seeing how Morkel goes here. First ball was a beauty, and with his height and bounce he could be a serious handful for the Afghan lads. Keep it where that first one went and he'll pick up a nice haul, that was a jaffer first up.

Last edited:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Looking forward to seeing how Morkel goes here. First ball was a beauty, and with his height and bounce he could be a serious handful for the Afghan lads. Keep it where that first one went and he'll pick up a nice haul, that was a jaffer first up.
Yeah the line is the key - needs to be straight

And before I finish typing Snorkel proves the point

Kyle

School Boy/Girl Captain
That £10 20-1 insurance policy I had on the Afghans seems so silly now.

Thankfully!