• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C - South Africa, India, Afghanistan

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Cannot place too much blame on Afghanistan for crumbling like this. Just months ago they were facing the endless stream of associate nation medium pacers and looping off-spinners, now they face up to 145+ KMH international class quicks.

Bowlers and fielders have proven some talent exists in Afghanistan, all they need now is more exposure to quality international teams.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Cannot place too much blame on Afghanistan for crumbling like this. Just months ago they were facing the endless stream of associate nation medium pacers and looping off-spinners, now they face up to 145+ KMH international class quicks.

Bowlers and fielders have proven some talent exists in Afghanistan, all they need now is more exposure to quality international teams.
Yeah quite, and I think that everyone would agree. And it's particularly harsh on Afghanistan to face these sorts of bowlers for the first time in these conditions. Morkel under lights on a bouncy pitch is a particularly unpleasant proposition

King Pietersen

International Captain
Morkel loses it a bit in his 3rd over, so Afghanistan decide they'll just run eachother out instead. Quality stuff. 32/8.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surprised the Afghans laid any wood on Steyn at all. Should be proud for that alone.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Boooo. Smith giving Van Der Merwe an over. Albie Morkel or Jacques Kallis would have been better options surely. They looked ok against spin in the India game. I'm tired, I want this over soon.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I really hope that the batting effort of the Afghans doesn't overshadow their fine efforts in the field in both matches.

Would like to see the MCC invite Afghanistan over to England for a tour: there's clearly some talent in the side.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
And a Pietersen-esque flamingo slap to the leg side sees Afghanistan get to within 100.

They've gone at 4 an over, ok extras have helped, but that's a decent effort given how utterly clueless the top order looked against Steyn.