Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 11 of 95 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2010

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    On paper that easier, but Bahrain, Uzbekistan and Qatar are as good anyone from Asia on their day. Japan v Australia will be awsome.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Feel like we got the easier draw but no games are easy.

... .... .- -.- . / - .... . / -.. . .- - .... / ..-. .-. --- -- / -.-- --- ..- .-. / -... --- -. . ...

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Group A: Australia, Japan, Bahrain, Uzbekistan, Qatar
    Group B: South Korea, Iran, Saudi Arabia, North Korea, UAE

This round will run from 6 September to 17 June. Group B looks stronger at first glance, but then again Bahrain ran Japan close and Uzbekistan were unbeaten for their first five games before not bothering about the sixth and losing 0-4 to the Kingdom of Saudis.

The Iraqi federation has dissolved the national team, and won't compete again until the Gulf Cup in 2k9.

Meanwhile in Africa, Gabon play Lesotho tomorrow.
    what's the qualification here? Top two teams from each group go through or.....?

(wiki says

Top two through, winner of a playoff between the two 3rd place teams plays against the OFC winner (ie New Zealand) for a spot in the World Cup.
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by Clapo View Post
    Happy with that.
    Seriously? Banana skin group, to me. Possibly only Saudi Arabia is stronger than Bahrain,. but for the other pots the stronger team went into the Aussie group, imo.
    President of RTDAS - Ryan ten Doeschate - The Freddie Flintoff of Associate Cricket
    Member of DNAS, ESAS - Dirk Nannes, Edgar Schiferli. Dutchmen can bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Delgado
    Steulen, are you half-Welsh? Cheer up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79
    God, I just worked out Steulen's avatar is a hedgehog, not a brain...
    Not sure how to feel now tbh...

rather mad Norwegian Magrat Garlick's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamee999 View Post
    (wiki says

Top two through, winner of a playoff between the two 3rd place teams plays against the OFC winner (ie New Zealand) for a spot in the World Cup.
    's right. "Through" in this case means South Africa.
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett, Benaud and Thunberg

I had a glimpse of Eureka
    Chewing me up, chewing me up and spitting me out

-jected, I was rejected
    I wasn't good enough to be elected
    Lava, it was like lava
    Moving through my body like fire

Quote Originally Posted by Steulen View Post
    Seriously? Banana skin group, to me. Possibly only Saudi Arabia is stronger than Bahrain,. but for the other pots the stronger team went into the Aussie group, imo.
    Yeah Uzbekistan are due to make a World Cup, but like a lot of sides in Asia they struggle in Mid East. But for Australians Uzbekistan is the perfect away trip in Asia. North Korea are also far worse away from home and always fall apart at this stage when they have to step up every match.

UAE and Qatar are about the same very much relient on overseas imports and home conditions. With Iran and Saudis in their group, their home conditions will only come in handy against North Korea, as South Korea seem to be able to do a job in the Middle East.

Matches against Bahrain away will probably decide their fate.

We've already played Bahrain and Qatar off the park home and away this qualification so although I'm not advocating to get complacent they should be a banker 8-10 points there. After that if we can negotiate the Uzebeks(who were impressive in the Asian Cup, especially against Iran) we'll go through.

Much prefer Group A than B. The Saudi's and Iran I wouldn't be so confident about finishing on top of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    True, a Duffer "heh" is like 50 likes.

Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    We've already played Bahrain and Qatar off the park home and away this qualification so although I'm not advocating to get complacent they should be a banker 8-10 points there. After that if we can negotiate the Uzebeks(who were impressive in the Asian Cup, especially against Iran) we'll go through.

Much prefer Group A than B. The Saudi's and Iran I wouldn't be so confident about finishing on top of.
    You have more chance of getting the max 12 points off North Korea and UAE, then Bahrain and Qatar. You would expect to loss a couple points away from home against those guys. Group B is basically a three horse race, with the rest making up the numbers really.

You could get unstuck in a couple matches and it could be a fight for third spot in Group A, your not going to get that in Group B. I would be surprised if North Korea and UAE are still a chance to qualify going into the last two matches.

Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00 View Post
    You have more chance of getting the max 12 points off North Korea and UAE, then Bahrain and Qatar. You would expect to loss a couple points away from home against those guys. Group B is basically a three horse race, with the rest making up the numbers really.

You could get unstuck in a couple matches and it could be a fight for third spot in Group A, your not going to get that in Group B. I would be surprised if North Korea and UAE are still a chance to qualify going into the last two matches.
    All I'm saying is that in our group there is clear seperation with the first two then Uzbekistan and then a bit of distance between them and the other two, while in the other group the top three are pretty even then there's a gap.

We're more likely to auto-qualify out of this group than B, and no way will we finish 4 or so, you're seriously overestimating Bahrain and Qatar if you think they're a threat for 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    All I'm saying is that in our group there is clear seperation with the first two then Uzbekistan and then a bit of distance between them and the other two, while in the other group the top three are pretty even then there's a gap.

We're more likely to auto-qualify out of this group than B, and no way will we finish 4 or so, you're seriously overestimating Bahrain and Qatar if you think they're a threat for 3rd.

Didn't Bahrain come 3rd last time and are ranked higher then Uzbekistan. As much as I rate the Uzbeks, Bahrain have has much chance of coming 3rd as them. Qatar didn't really should their full qualities against us. If you watched some of their matches against other sides they were a lot better side. Both games against us they had key players out from memory as well.

Mind you reckon you will find Uzbeks, Bahrain and Qatar will come out and just settle for draws against us and Japan and throw everything at the other four games. It basically what Bahrain did last qualifiers and in the past has been Uzbeks major hurdle (dropping matches against the lesser sides). Qatar held back against Australia and went all out against Iraq and China. One would expect them to do the same thing.

If they do that it is pretty risky as playing on Iran, South Korea, Saudis or New Zeland isn't going to be any easier. But I guess you have to be there to get a chance. No going to remember you cus you won a match against Australia, but still didn't finish 3rd.

One result today. Gabon beat Lesotho 2-0, which leaves Lesotho rooted to the bottom of the table in group 5. Gabon need to beat Libya to have a shout at reaching the second round, and even then they may struggle due to a lack of points.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    We beat Bahrain.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

The...er...Twitter[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00 View Post
    Didn't Bahrain come 3rd last time and are ranked higher then Uzbekistan. As much as I rate the Uzbeks, Bahrain have has much chance of coming 3rd as them. Qatar didn't really should their full qualities against us. If you watched some of their matches against other sides they were a lot better side. Both games against us they had key players out from memory as well.

Mind you reckon you will find Uzbeks, Bahrain and Qatar will come out and just settle for draws against us and Japan and throw everything at the other four games. It basically what Bahrain did last qualifiers and in the past has been Uzbeks major hurdle (dropping matches against the lesser sides). Qatar held back against Australia and went all out against Iraq and China. One would expect them to do the same thing.

If they do that it is pretty risky as playing on Iran, South Korea, Saudis or New Zeland isn't going to be any easier. But I guess you have to be there to get a chance. No going to remember you cus you won a match against Australia, but still didn't finish 3rd.
    Yeah, but both games v Qatar we had miles of players out too - Cahill, Neil, Kennedy (iirc), I think Grella was missing for one or more as well.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Amid a barrage of friendlies and Olympics, there are seven qualifying games for the World Cup tomorrow. Most of them around the Caribbean Sea, where the CONCACAF teams kick off their third round of qualifying - the aim to get out as many teams that are not named US or Mexico ahead of the six-team league that will decide the places. Also, the European qualifying series begins in Almaty, as Andorra's amateurs (Ildefons Lima excluded) travel 6,000 km to the east in order to get routed by Kazakhstan.

CONCACAF:

22.00, Port-au-Prince, grp 3: Haiti vs Suriname
    00.00, Havana, grp 1: Cuba vs Trinidad and Tobago
    00.30, Toronto, grp 2: Canada vs Jamaica
    01.00, Mexico City, grp 2: Mexico vs Honduras
    02.00, San José, grp 3: Costa Rica vs El Salvador
    02.00, Guatemala City, grp 1: Guatemala vs United States

Code:
    Group 1      Pt GD  Group 2      Pt GD  Group 3      Pt GD
    United States       Mexico              Costa Rica
    Guatemala           Jamaica             Suriname
    ------------------  ------------------  ------------------