Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cricket Web's World Twenty20 Predictions- Revisited

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    Bro we won the tourney be happy and just move on with it no need to be an angry young man. TBF to those esteemed analysts of CW there was nothing positive about Pakistan coming in to this tourney and the warm up games only confirmed the feeling that they would struggle. Forget CW not even the biggest cricket pundit would have predicted our victory.
    My whole point!

When there is a general bias, numbers don't matter much and predictions are made on mere feelings. But when numbers are favorable Pundits say "i told you so"......... I am not angry just annoyed at the way these "pundits" spit garbage.
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

Quote Originally Posted by Faisal1985 View Post
    My whole point!

When there is a general bias, numbers don't matter much and predictions are made on mere feelings. But when numbers are favorable Pundits say "i told you so"......... I am not angry just annoyed at the way these "pundits" spit garbage.
    Pakistan would have been impossible to predict with any degree of confidence, for 2 reasons: the very mercurial nature of Pakistan's cricket - who would have thought that the side which was so abject against England would have ended up winning as comfortably as they did?

Secondly, they've played almost no meaningful international cricket since the last T20 WC - so you can't really blame posters for going with the sides that have played more regularly and shown some semblance of form.

None of the above betrays any sort of anti-Pakistan bias. Grow up.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Martyn predicted them getting to the final tbf.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

My whole point!

When there is a general bias, numbers don't matter much and predictions are made on mere feelings.
    Hey Seasonal mushroom where were you before Pakistan won ? If you were so sure of Pakistan's victory in the Cup, why didn't you join before and made the prediction ?

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    I thought about him, but there were a lot of questions coming into the tournament. Pakistan hadn't played much cricket lately, to say the least. How was his fitness? Would he still be as sharp?

He missed the IPL, and wasn't quite at his best in IPL 1 IIRC. Is there any reason to believe he'll suddenly regain the form of the last World T20 in a game that has moved on significantly in that time?

Pakistan didn't seem to be one of the strongest sides. Would they even get far enough for Gul to take more wickets than anyone else?

It's not that we underrated him, there was just a lot of uncertainty surrounding Gul and Pakistan. It would have been a brave man to predict him to outbowl every one of Steyn, Parnell, Edwards, Mendis, Murali, Malinga, Johnson, Vettori, Harbhajan, Afridi and Ajmal.
    Tbf my comment was meant for the cricket world over the last two years. He was the most efficient wicket taker in the last WC but look at his price tag in the IPL. As an aside, I don't think IPL is a good enough measure of form. Wasn't Sohail Tanvir the best bowler of IPL 1?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post
    Hey Seasonal mushroom where were you before Pakistan won ? If you were so sure of Pakistan's victory in the Cup, why didn't you join before and made the prediction ?
    Indeed.
    RIP Craigos

I still reckon this is Precambs.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    Tbf my comment was meant for the cricket world over the last two years. He was the most efficient wicket taker in the last WC but look at his price tag in the IPL. As an aside, I don't think IPL is a good enough measure of form. Wasn't Sohail Tanvir the best bowler of IPL 1?
    Well yeah, but there are plenty of players (Dilshan most obviously) that took their IPL form into the World T20 too.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    I still reckon this is Precambs.
    Yeah, you can never count him out.

Just found out about this forum and you continue to impress me with your knowledge about Cricket or lack of it.. ............

My prediction was SA vs. Pak for final and Pak's win for the final from the very beginning but unfortunately it was on another forum.
    Last edited by Faisal1985; 02-07-2009 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Pakistan would have been impossible to predict with any degree of confidence, for 2 reasons: the very mercurial nature of Pakistan's cricket - who would have thought that the side which was so abject against England would have ended up winning as comfortably as they did?

Secondly, they've played almost no meaningful international cricket since the last T20 WC - so you can't really blame posters for going with the sides that have played more regularly and shown some semblance of form.

None of the above betrays any sort of anti-Pakistan bias. Grow up.

^ This is not based on numbers is it?

I would understand if Pakistan is not a predicted winner. But when you don't count Pakistan in the equation of Semis or for that matter Finals at all with any probability, despite the numbers that they have in the T20 arena....that to me is plain prejudice and bias. Before the WC Pakistan had second to none winning percentages.

Moreover, how can you judge a team's T20 ability based on their lack of cricket in the test arena? T20 and Test is a different ball game.

As far as i am concerned Pakistan has backed up their impressive T20 numbers with this win......

^ This is not based on numbers is it?

I would understand if Pakistan is not a predicted winner. But when you don't count Pakistan in the equation of Semis or for that matter Finals at all with any probability, despite the numbers that they have in the T20 arena....that to me is plain prejudice and bias. Before the WC Pakistan had second to none winning percentages.

Moreover, how can you judge a team's T20 ability based on their lack of cricket in the test arena? T20 and Test is a different ball game.

As far as i am concerned Pakistan has backed up their impressive T20 numbers with this win......
    ngngngngngngngng

^ whatever that means............

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Just found out about this forum and you continue to impress me with your knowledge about Cricket or lack of it.. ............

My prediction was SA vs. Pak for final and Pak's win for the final from the very beginning but unfortunately it was on another forum.
    you could always provide us with a link
    "It was an easy decision to sign. I could have gone elsewhere, I had calls, but it never entered my mind it's not about the money."
    Jason Koumas

SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    you could always provide us with a link
    Ofcourse, but the problem is, thats a Pakistani forum and somethings people say their i am not quite proud of about other countries and i rather keep it to myself........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information