• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web's World Twenty20 Predictions- Revisited

Xuhaib

International Coach
Hey Seasonal mushroom where were you before Pakistan won ? If you were so sure of Pakistan's victory in the Cup, why didn't you join before and made the prediction ?
I still reckon this is Precambs.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tbf my comment was meant for the cricket world over the last two years. He was the most efficient wicket taker in the last WC but look at his price tag in the IPL. As an aside, I don't think IPL is a good enough measure of form. Wasn't Sohail Tanvir the best bowler of IPL 1?
Well yeah, but there are plenty of players (Dilshan most obviously) that took their IPL form into the World T20 too.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Hey Seasonal mushroom where were you before Pakistan won ? If you were so sure of Pakistan's victory in the Cup, why didn't you join before and made the prediction ?
Just found out about this forum and you continue to impress me with your knowledge about Cricket or lack of it.. ............ :)

My prediction was SA vs. Pak for final and Pak's win for the final from the very beginning but unfortunately it was on another forum.

Last edited:

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Pakistan would have been impossible to predict with any degree of confidence, for 2 reasons: the very mercurial nature of Pakistan's cricket - who would have thought that the side which was so abject against England would have ended up winning as comfortably as they did?

Secondly, they've played almost no meaningful international cricket since the last T20 WC - so you can't really blame posters for going with the sides that have played more regularly and shown some semblance of form.

None of the above betrays any sort of anti-Pakistan bias. Grow up.

^ This is not based on numbers is it?

I would understand if Pakistan is not a predicted winner. But when you don't count Pakistan in the equation of Semis or for that matter Finals at all with any probability, despite the numbers that they have in the T20 arena....that to me is plain prejudice and bias. Before the WC Pakistan had second to none winning percentages.

Moreover, how can you judge a team's T20 ability based on their lack of cricket in the test arena? T20 and Test is a different ball game.

As far as i am concerned Pakistan has backed up their impressive T20 numbers with this win......

Furball

Evil Scotsman
^ This is not based on numbers is it?

I would understand if Pakistan is not a predicted winner. But when you don't count Pakistan in the equation of Semis or for that matter Finals at all with any probability, despite the numbers that they have in the T20 arena....that to me is plain prejudice and bias. Before the WC Pakistan had second to none winning percentages.

Moreover, how can you judge a team's T20 ability based on their lack of cricket in the test arena? T20 and Test is a different ball game.

As far as i am concerned Pakistan has backed up their impressive T20 numbers with this win......
ngngngngngngngng

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just found out about this forum and you continue to impress me with your knowledge about Cricket or lack of it.. ............ :)

My prediction was SA vs. Pak for final and Pak's win for the final from the very beginning but unfortunately it was on another forum.
you could always provide us with a link