Page 94 of 106 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1580

Thread: Group E - England, India, South Africa, West Indies

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    No, I think that's completely fair. What I mean is, some people are acting like we scored 14 today. We could and should have scored more, but we hit a par score.
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post
    D/L target would have been same for any team in this situation, so don't understand why is it unfair ? England didn't bat well and paid the price for it.
    It was 'unfair' because it artificially altered the balance of the game. A 'fair' target would preserve the balance of the game as it stood prior to the rain delay. Obviously it's a matter of debate as to what target would achieve this 'fair' outcome, but I was of the opinion that 80 off 9 overs was not a fair target.

It's irrelevant who the team was. As I said, I am a WI supporter so the outcome worked in my favour. Just because every team faces the same target in that situation doesn't mean it's 'fair'. If everyone faced the death penalty for eating eggplant it wouldn't be 'fair'.
    "Under the spreading chestnut tree,
    I sold you and you sold me."

Where did I suggest that English fans accused WI of cheating. They are being disrespectful by not recognizing that they were beaten by WI fair and square as per the laws/rules of the game.
    Look, we're not being disrespectful. Windies have done nothing wrong. No problem with them, all they could do was score the runs asked of them. If they'd been set 10 more they might well have done it, given that they won with 3 balls to go.

But it wasn't fair and square in as much as the DL clearly doesn't work for T20. Adamc has already explained why the term 'cheated' was thrown around.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamc View Post
    If it's 'disrespectful' to criticise a team's batting lineup you might as well shut down the forum.
    Oh Please, stop the idiocy and Read the following piece of crap and then tell me if you do not find it insulting :-

Quote Originally Posted by john1966 View Post
    West Indies have 2 batsmen who England have difficulty with. The rest play the occasional cameo but it's basically a 2 man side (okay 3, if you include Gayle). But to see the rest of them jumping up and down at the sides as if they were in any way responsible for that victory was a joke. 2 men plus the rain won that game. I would rather we lost to anyone but them. Yes England lost. And would have been due for a good spanking in the semis had they got through. But as a cricket lover I cannot abide the game being won by a method that allows one side to be 72 for 2 after 9 overs (not knowing they are fighting D/L too!) , while another team wins scoring 81 for 5 after nearly 9 overs. I think Mr Duckworth and Mr Lewis need to revise their system for TWENTY20, if only to avoid sides like the West Indies actually believing they were worthy winners.
    Shame their coach had the score worked out for him this time. Otherwise, we might still have had a chance.

GGG
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    England *were* cheated out of the game by D/L. I don't give a toss what people say, England outplayed West Indies yet they've lost the match. It's not West Indies' fault obviously and they may well have played better if they were chasing it off 20 overs, but they weren't and you can only go on what happened - England played better, they deserved to win, they didn't because of D/L - nothing else.
    Must of been watching a different game for me, England played and are ****, I can see how this team lost to holland.

Oh Please, stop the idiocy and Read the following piece of crap and then tell me if you do not find it insulting :-
    I find something really ironic in the fact that you have made about 14 posts complaining about a poster with 2 posts on the whole forum

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    But it wasn't fair and square in as much as the DL clearly doesn't work for T20. Adamc has already explained why the term 'cheated' was thrown around.
    Stop playing with the words and tailgating.

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    I was responding specifically to your assertion that:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz
    And it is indeed disrespectful to the WI team and fans say that 'WI have only 2 batsman' etc
    It's not disrespectful to say 'WI have only 2 batsmen'. It might be inaccurate, but not disrespectful.

The post you quoted may well be disrespectful (I haven't read it), but the line you quoted isn't in any way disrespectful of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    I find something really ironic in the fact that you have made about 14 posts complaining about a poster with 2 posts on the whole forum
    And I find it ironic that you continue to misquote and mis-represent my statement over and over again yet not a single word against the crap uttered by another English fan.

Whatever Sanz, let's not make the thread about me and you, I'm off to bed

I agree with all the England fans that D & L was unfair. But to say England completely outplayed Windies is rubbish, they changed their approach to the chase because of the reduced overs.

May I also remind some people that England won the ODI series in the Caribbean on the back of two heavily shortened matches, one of which was a ridiculously truncated D & L chase.

We were robbed then, you have been robbed now. Swings and roundabouts as the English would say. Having said that, Windies are the better 20/20 side IMHO, we have escaped two groups of death and have been competitive in every single game, whereas England have been up and down and have an extremely flawed batting lineup, so we deserve our place in the Semi-final.

An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    Quote Originally Posted by Beamer View Post
    May I also remind some people that England won the ODI series in the Caribbean on the back of two heavily shortened matches, one of which was a ridiculously truncated D & L chase.

I think the point is that using the current algorithms for 50 over games or whatever do not translate well to Twenty20. There needs to be an adjustment. Before the WI innings started, it was plainly obvious that a target of 80 (with a full compliment of 10 wickets to play with) was probably 10-12 runs short of what it really should have been.
    rave down, hit the ground

MSN: djjacksono@hotmail.com

Quite frankly the post that said we only have 2 batsmen and are not worthy winners is idiotic and full of sour grapes.

We have thrashed ENgland in 20-20 on a number of occasions and are the better side in this format. Gayle, Bravo, Sarwan, Shiv and Ramdin are all excellent batsman in this format while Simmons has also had a very good tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Swervy View Post
    I think the point is that using the current algorithms for 50 over games or whatever do not translate well to Twenty20. There needs to be an adjustment. Before the WI innings started, it was plainly obvious that a target of 80 (with a full compliment of 10 wickets to play with) was probably 10-12 runs short of what it really should have been.

IMHO it does not work well full stop, as shown by numerous 50 over matches in the past.

An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    Quote Originally Posted by Beamer View Post
    IMHO it does not work well full stop, as shown by numerous 50 over matches in the past.
    its not ideal, probably because of the way the 50 over game is evolving, but over a longer game, the flaws seem to iron out a bit more.

Page 94 of 106 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Thread Information