• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group E - England, India, South Africa, West Indies

kingkallis

International Coach
8 dots for Gayle - WOW!

Hope he doesnt lose his mind there - he needs to keep going if Windies wants to win...

R_D

International Debutant
Yesss....... Gayle gone.
I thought it was the silence before the storm but storm never arrived.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Poor, poor tactics from Gayle. He saw the low-ish total and tried to play carefully accordingly, ignoring the fact that playing aggressively is his most effective way of playing. Lots of players in the side can play that type of innings- Sarwan, Chanderpaul, Simmons- but somewhat less can bring the run rate under control as effectively as Gayle can.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Lovely shot from Bravo for 4.

Hope the Windies can at least make a game of it now. Seems to have rather a sense of inevitability about it tho.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Both captains choked.:p

Nice.
Haha, true.

I'd definitely class this as a choke if the West Indies lost. A total of 154 is a bit low at the best of times, but these are two sides much stronger in the batting department than bowling and fielding. Realistically, the West Indies should at least make a good fist of it.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Haha, true.

I'd definitely class this as a choke if the West Indies lost. A total of 154 is a bit low at the best of times, but these are two sides much stronger in the batting department than bowling and fielding. Realistically, the West Indies should at least make a good fist of it.
A last over finish definitely on the cards here.

Dissector

International Debutant
This game would be way cooler if you had those crazy 80's-style West Indies spectators in the crowd. I guess the generally crappy Windies teams of late have greatly reduced their support in England. Perhaps higher ticket prices have also played a role.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
If the Windies lose this, all blame goes on whoever it was that dropped Yuvraj. That was shocking and took the total from 120 to 150.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Spin does work in T20 no matter what people say.:p

Ojha got a timely wicket. New man has to get himself set now. The run rate will climb higher.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
This game would be way cooler if you had those crazy 80's-style West Indies spectators in the crowd. I guess the generally crappy Windies teams of late have greatly reduced their support in England. Perhaps higher ticket prices have also played a role.
Probably all factors, but another is that 2nd & 3rd generation West Indians have got more and more into football. Certainly by comparison to the children and grandchildren of subcontinental emigres.

& Simmons goes as I type. Good knock from the young fella. Surprised to see Shiv in next; thought Sarwan was the way to go.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Probably all factors, but another is that 2nd & 3rd generation West Indians have got more and more into football. Certainly by comparison to the children and grandchildren of subcontinental emigrees.

& Simmons goes as I type. Good knock from the young fella. Surprised to see Shiv in next; thought Sarwan was the way to go.
Sarwan/Shiv are both somewhat unideal in this situation.