• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Daily Predictions.

Craig

World Traveller
Germany 2 - 2 Sweden (Germany on penalties)
Argentina 2 - 0 Mexico

How bad was the tips of Spain on thrashing Saudi Arabia :laugh:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Sir Redman said:
With the Group Stage over, I think a score update is in order :)

For the knockout rounds, how are we going to score draws? Same as usual, but you also state your overall winner and how (extra time or penalties) and get a bonus point if you get that right? e.g. you could predict: Germany 0 - 0 Sweden with Germany to win on penalties, and if that happens you get 3 as usual for the 0 - 0 scoreline and 1 more for the final winner?
So, if you predict a result after 90 minutes:
3 for result
or 1 for winner (awarded even if winner goes through on penalties/extra time)

If you predict draw after 90 minutes:
3 for result
or 1 for the draw (in case of a draw with incorrect amount of goals)
+ 1 for winner (awarded if correct winner written down, even in case of winner going through after 90 minutes)

Sounds a bit complicated, but I think I can manage that (if anyone else understood it, that is :unsure: )

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Oh, and:

Code:
Sir Redman         53
BoyBrumby          49
oz_fan             46
Adamc              44
Pedro Delgado      44
FaaipDeOiad        42
Matteh             42
Marc               41
Craig              40
Vimes              39
Broncoman          35
alternative        35
Barney Rubble      35
Steulen            32
JASON              32
superkingdave      27
Jamee              26
Sanz               26
cameeel            22
Baconator          21
Robertinho         19
LongHopCassidy     12
Hoggy31            12
Biased Indian      11
thewizard101       10
Blaze               9
ash chaulk          9
33/3from3.3         8
Goughy              8
andyc               7
TT Boy              7
Blewy               5
Cloete              5
irfan               5
Pothas              4
Great Birtannia     1
aussie              1
Gajayanake          1
Deutschland 2-1 Sverige
Argentina 2-0 Mexico

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
Samuel_Vimes said:
So, if you predict a result after 90 minutes:
3 for result
or 1 for winner (awarded even if winner goes through on penalties/extra time)

If you predict draw after 90 minutes:
3 for result
or 1 for the draw (in case of a draw with incorrect amount of goals)
+ 1 for winner (awarded if correct winner written down, even in case of winner going through after 90 minutes)

Sounds a bit complicated, but I think I can manage that (if anyone else understood it, that is :unsure: )
Yeah, something like that. We just predict the result after 90 minutes. If we predict a draw, then we also write down who we expect to go through after extra time/penalties, and if you get that right you get +1 point.

Say you predict 0-0 between Germany and Sweden with Germany to go through on penalties. If the score after 90 minutes is 0-0, you get 3 like usual. If it is a draw but your predicted score is wrong, you get 1 like usual. If Germany go on to win on penalties you 1 more point, but if Sweden go on to win on penalties you don't get the extra point.

What do you think about extra time wins? Should the people who predicted a win get the points? e.g. you predict 1-0 to Germany. The score after 90 minutes is 0-0, but Germany win 1-0 after extra time. Should they get 3 points? 0? Or 1? I think we should keep our main predictions for scores after 90 minutes, 'cause it will probably keep things simpler.

So yeah, I think you've got the right idea. I'm confusing myself here :confused:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I think just predict at 90 minutes - otherwise those who don't predict a draw get a double whammy in effect.

Besides which, that's the way bookmakers pay out...

Germany 2 Sweden 0
Argentina 2 Mexico 0

For tomorrow as I'm unlikely to get back on in time:

England 2 Ecuador 0
Portugal 1 Holland 1