• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B: England, Paraguay, Trinidad & Tobago, Sweden

Xuhaib

International Coach
For those with more football knowledge then yours truly.

Is Ivory Coast just a Drogba inspired outfit on there are others with quality to support him.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Xuhaib said:
For those with more football knowledge then yours truly.

Is Ivory Coast just a Drogba inspired outfit on there are others with quality to support him.
I don't pretend to be any expert, but they're clearly no mugs as they qualified ahead of Cameroon & Egypt.

I think practically the whole squad play in Europe (mainly France) so they have experience of the conditions & style of play. Drogba is their top-boy &, despite him not being a favourite of mine with his penchant for theatrics & subtle hand-balls, will be a genuine threat. He has pace & a real physical presence. I haven't seen much of him, but Arsenal have just had a £9 million bid for Yaya Toure (Kolo's kid bro) turned down by Olympiakos (sp?), so he must be pretty useful.

&, of course, any team with Kolo Toure & Manu Eboue can't be all bad! ;)

Craig

World Traveller
JASON said:
Come on England !! Come on !!

Put on a great performance tonight (my time) :)
You know that brought back memories of the ad they showed the other day of the song 'Come on Aussie, come on' :laugh:

Xuhaib

International Coach
BoyBrumby said:
I don't pretend to be any expert, but they're clearly no mugs as they qualified ahead of Cameroon & Egypt.

I think practically the whole squad play in Europe (mainly France) so they have experience of the conditions & style of play. Drogba is their top-boy &, despite him not being a favourite of mine with his penchant for theatrics & subtle hand-balls, will be a genuine threat. He has pace & a real physical presence. I haven't seen much of him, but Arsenal have just had a £9 million bid for Yaya Toure (Kolo's kid bro) turned down by Olympiakos (sp?), so he must be pretty useful.

Good.

Really looking forward to their game with Arg.

Cloete

International Captain
BoyBrumby said:

Aruna Dindane's a good player too.

Can't wait for the England V Paraguay game thouh :D Coming on in 2 and a half.

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
Still can't make up my mind as to whether I want England to win the Cup or go crashing out in the group stage...

Stupid conflicting loyalties.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sir Redman said:
Still can't make up my mind as to whether I want England to win the Cup or go crashing out in the group stage...

Stupid conflicting loyalties.
I'm having a roast lamb sandwich for lunch, there being no roast beef in the fridge.

Does that help you make your mind up?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sad end for Paraguay's goalie - lets a goal in after 3 minutes, leaves the field injured after 6.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Two observations:

1. England's performance, with the exception of Crouch who has been superb, has been abject
2. I seldom moan about officials, but today I shall make an exception - today's referee is as close to being an effing cheat as I have seen in international football for a few years. Some of his decisions have been baffling to say the least.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
aussie said:
Today is the first step in the dream to win the WC, gosh i cant wait until kick-off
After an Australian victory in cricket
"Lyk, ma grandpah's niece'z dog's maggot's best friend woz from Auzdraylia, so I go fa dem in crikket bruv"

With anything to do with soccer
"Why me woulda want tief Shortman Surf dance? Me always do my own ting, me do a Surf dance years ago, and plus that dance can only do for one riddim and that's Wipeout and it skettel out with too many artistes. Shortman need fi study the music more, ah me mek people start dance again, ah me go fi Keiva and dem after Bogle dead and nobody no waan go out again, ah me say Bad Man Forward, Bad Man Pull Up, and ah that and Dutty Wine still ah run the place, Shortman need fi just easy himself, mi no waan tief him dance, but ya, I bin goin fa England fa ma whole lyfe bruva, dis a dream we have had fa eva"

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Well, England won, I guess that's something...

I thought Joe Cole played pretty well too, along with Crouch. Terry too. The rest of them were either totally anonymous or downright poor. Gerrard - gone missing.

Easily the worst game so far in terms of neutral entertainment.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah, Joe Cole would've been MoM in my opinion. Beckham had his moments, too. Lampard got close his a couple of his shots from outside the box.