• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B: England, Paraguay, Trinidad & Tobago, Sweden

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England and Sweden will obviously get through, i suspect Sweden will top the group again i think their side is capable of doing well...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Im with Simon, i think Sweden will top the group and England will join them..

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Blewy said:
Im with Simon, i think Sweden will top the group and England will join them..
Prmph, we will top our group for the first time since 96, then it's between Sweden and Paraguay for second, write Paraguay off at your peril...

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
my picks:

England v Sweden
England v Paraguay draw
England v T&T

Sweden v Paraguay
Sweden v T&T

Paraguay v T&T

TABLE
England 7
Sweden6
-------------------------------
Paraguay4
T&T0

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
My score predications:

England v Sweden - 2-2 draw
England v Paraguay - England 2-0
England v T&T - England 5-0 (although I have a feeling this could turn out to be a German v Saudi Arabia game in 2002 where they thrashed the Saudi's 8-0)

Sweden v Paraguay - 1-0
Sweden v T&T - 4-0

Paraguay v T&T - 3-1

I'm either going to look like a genius or a chimp if not (cue somebody to post a picture of a chimp).

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i think England may draw with Paraguay and Sweden, im thinking of a table of
Sweden 7
England 5
Paraguay 4
T&T 0

BoyBrumby

Englishman
England are due to beat Sweden. Looking at their squad, most of their key players are either ageing or Zoltan Imbrahimovic so I unconfidently predict a fate-tempting clean-sweep for Sven's men.

It'd be a mistake to ignore Paraguay, but the injury to Santa Cruz is a blow. Look defensively frail too. No shocks here.

1) England
2) Sweden
3) Paraguay
4) T&T

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
England and Sweden. Fairly confident we can beat Swedes and top the group. Paraguay to slaughter T&T 5-0 or similar.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
yeah i agree england and sweden, but get a horrible feeling england will draw with paraguay, then lose in bizzare fashion to sweden, and go out....i hope that doesnt happen....

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
its about time England beat sweden, for me it would be nice if England could win all 3 group matches, if we draw with sweden pundits will again question if England really are going to really win the cup, so i'm hoping for us to storm through our group.

Craig

World Traveller
BoyBrumby said:
England are due to beat Sweden. Looking at their squad, most of their key players are either ageing or Zoltan Imbrahimovic so I unconfidently predict a fate-tempting clean-sweep for Sven's men.

It'd be a mistake to ignore Paraguay, but the injury to Santa Cruz is a blow. Look defensively frail too. No shocks here.

1) England
2) Sweden
3) Paraguay
4) T&T
Irrelevant I know but I got the shock of my life to hear an interview with Roque Santa Cruz speaking in English! Wouldn't of guessed he would be able to speak it (it wasn't great but you could understand what he was saying).

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Craig said:
Irrelevant I know but I got the shock of my life to hear an interview with Roque Santa Cruz speaking in English! Wouldn't of guessed he would be able to speak it (it wasn't great but you could understand what he was saying).
Let us hope that he doesn't take any lessons from you in that regard