• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Best Team from the Group Stage

viriya

International Captain
Only if you haven't actually been watching. Consistently threatening, pressure building and economical.
I've watched all games, he's been inconsistent. Boult has been the clear better bowler. If you take out the 7-fer game, he's averaged 40 with a 5 econ for the rest of the games.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
shami is a poor man's southee

no surprises that after athlai's sarcasm about picking the top run scorers and wicket takers, excel-riya enters and pretty much does that.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I've watched all games, he's been inconsistent. Boult has been the clear better bowler. If you take out the 7-fer game, he's averaged 40 with a 5 econ for the rest of the games.
Boult has definitely not been the better bowler.

Flem274*

123/5
i think it's important to note even on southee's worst day against australia, he still produced a couple of beauties to get rid of the openers and give NZ momentum. let's not pretend he's been useless barring the 7fer viriya or whoever it was.

viriya

International Captain
shami is a poor man's southee

no surprises that after athlai's sarcasm about picking the top run scorers and wicket takers, excel-riya enters and pretty much does that.
What does Excel have to do with me saying Shami has bowled better than Southee? Guaranteed if Shami was from NZ you would be swearing by him.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Im not saying boult hasnt been good either but i think Southee and Starc are a level above at the moment.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I definitely think Boult has bowled better than Southee in this tournament, Athlai. Both have been really good but Boult has been the #2 bowler in the whole thing for mine.

Jimbo the giant

U19 12th Man
No way. Still loses the plot a bit if he doesnt get a lot of swing up front. Id say he wins the first ten overs and Southee wins the rest.
We are talking about the world cup so far and Boult has been excellent every game. Southee if we are being honest has been below par the last 3 games. If we are talking best single game Southee's 7 is probably the best followed closely by Starc.

The only game Boult wasn't excellent up front against SL he didn't lose the plot he came back and actually bowled well in his final spells.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Im not saying boult hasnt been good either but i think Southee and Starc are a level above at the moment.
How can you say that when Boult is the guy who's been taking all the wickets for us? Southee had one really good game against England but hasn't been as good as Boult in the other games.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd also put good money down that opposition teams would worry more about Boult than Southee atm, in spite of that 7-fer.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
My stand our performers of the group games thus far:
Sanga
Dilshan
B Taylor
AB
Maxwell
Boult
Starc
Vettori
Morkel
Southee
Davey

Athlai

Not Terrible
Ya'll just love new ball swing. Southee is a much better bowler in his second and third spell. I also think Boult would be less effective without Southee at the other end. Boult has definitely been better with the new ball though. probably best in the tournament.